Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melvin village ramp

Is there a public launch in MV if so where???
BARRY

Re: Melvin village ramp

Sorry I cant help with the ramp question...However, If you are unfamiliar with that area of the lake be careful, lots of hazards. It is well marked just be aware.

jusgrinnin
Is there a public launch in MV if so where???
BARRY

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have no first hand knowledge. Check out the State Landing, 19 Mile and Melvin Village, they are in the area.

Bizer launches

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gus

Ok thanks guys guess I'll just put in at ctr hbr,the mrs wants to white perch fish we'll try salmon cove and places like that.
BARRY

Yes there is a launch in MV, just north of Melvin V Marina....

the Melvin Ramp is open to the public but parking requires a town sticker and is tightly patrolled from what I hear. 19 Mile Bay is only a few miles away and a great launch but parking is good walk up the road. I deal with this by bringing a bike...I drop the boat, go up to the parking lot and drop truck and trailer then bike down to the ramp and lock my bike to a telephone pole. Alternatively, the Lees Mills ramp is free and parking is good but it's a LONG ride back to Melvin through some tricky water.

Coming off the Melvin ramp, you have to stay between the channel markers but once you are out there are no problems. 19 mile has no hazard problems if you stay away from the Graveyard and should have good white perch fishing.

Wouldn't center habor be as close ,its the first launch I come to by road there must be perch right there somewhere.Thanks for the help though.
BARRY