Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squam Wednesday am

I fished Squam this am till 9 and was able to put 5 Salmon in the boat and missed an other. Fish remain deep and all were two year olds. Five or six other boats in the area and they too caught some fish. Hopefully the "Old Fisherman" posts. He got there late and was having a good morning. Hoping to get out there this weekend good luck. Roland

Re: Squam Wednesday am

Tried fishing different locations, to get away from the 2 YO. That is all that we see in Squam. Hopefully most people will put them back in in good condition.
All got off the lure as I got them in the net and back in the water in good condition.
I may have to take up bass fishing to get away from these 2 yo.

Louis

The old fisherman
Tried fishing different locations, to get away from the 2 YO. That is all that we see in Squam. Hopefully most people will put them back in in good condition.
All got off the lure as I got them in the net and back in the water in good condition.
I may have to take up bass fishing to get away from these 2 yo.

Louis

Just got home Lou, stripped the boat and I am now boatless for a week or so.

I hear ya on the 2yr old Salmon, some people just love to catch small Salmon. If they put em back they will be 3+pounds by summers end. But I suppose some people are meat fisherman, if they are legal they dont go back in. I'm talking to F and G about raising the Salmon limit to 18", but I think they have tried it before and it didn't work out ????? I think it might be worth a shot now that there are a few 2 yr olds to re-build the lake on. I'll let you know, even if it's a "special regulation" for Squam only ?

I'll second that - that's what needed !

I agree, that is all we are seeing are 2 YO. But in a month or so, if any are still there, they will be 18 inches.
Louis

Also I seriously doubt that most of the two year old 16 inch salmon will make it to 3 yr. olds at Squam.
Increase harvest size to 18", one salmon or rainbow daily limit, & line reduction are all a must for N.H. salmon lakes.