Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good guys to do business with

Of course AJ's is the local year round tackle shop that is so good to us all, always a big smile and if he don't have what you want, he will get it in fast. Always has good fishing tips for seasoned anglers and vacationers alike.

Tilton Trailer Outlet, Joe at the trailer store is a very good guy to do business with, he's been selling all kinds of trailers for years and knows his stuff. I orderd a new trailer for my new boat and it tirns out it is too big for my boat, boat companies love to stretch the overall length by a foot or two. The new trailer was way too big to safely use it for a long haul for the size boat I will be hauling. Expecting a hassle when I asked what we could do, he simply said "it's not the right trailer, use it til your get your boat in the water then come back and we will swap it out for the one you should have".
I guess that's why he's been in business a long time, he treats people good.

Finally, Fish 307, they have helped many of us out locally when we were in a bind and since Paugus is gone we dont have a local Cannpon repair shop. As you may know I threw out my battery side power cables for my rod pumers and worse my Cannon riggers. Jeff at Fish307 knows his stuff and could have easily talked me into sending my units to him for a new updated expensive cable replacements. Instead he gave me several options and recmended the cheapest, fastest and eaiest option to fix it myself. He recomended using Scotty plugs/connectors, cut off the Cannon rigger connector and replace it with the Scotty. For the power side Scotty makes a nice flush mount to plug (come as a set with the rigger connector) the rigger into, it will be a better and cleaner set up than I had before for short money. I bought 2 more set ups for my rod pumpers too.

We need good tackle and repair shops and when we find one we should support them as much as we can, Cabelas is good, but could they have helped me in the above situation, I think not..

Hopefully the new boat will be in this week ??????? I'll be ready to rig it up completely before it gets here, maybe later this week ??

Big John

Re: Good guys to do business with

I left out Fish Tales, I have brought a few Salmon to him to mount, a few other freinds have taken fish there as well.

He is a bit slow (it's a slow process anyhow) on a skin mount, but "good things come to those that wait", his skin mounts come out super. His reproductions are superb, look as good or the same as a skin mount, but lets you release the fish, these have quicker turn around time. Take a few good photos of the fishm release it and send him the photos.

He has an ad on the begining of the message board and others have recomended him here before, but as I'm in an atta boy mode today, I had to recomend him..

Big John

John have to agree on fish 307. Used then a couple time for problems. They are super fast and do good work period.

Hey John, In a post a couple weeks ago you asked about my pontoon leak- got it welded at east coast welding in Gilford. It was cracked at the top rear of the starboard log. They charged me $115. Nice folks. I will be launching it this week when the water drops a little and I can fit under the AB bridge.

altonbayer
Hey John, In a post a couple weeks ago you asked about my pontoon leak- got it welded at east coast welding in Gilford. It was cracked at the top rear of the starboard log. They charged me $115. Nice folks. I will be launching it this week when the water drops a little and I can fit under the AB bridge.

I think they are the ones I used before once, glad you got it squared away. I'm not sure if a pontoon boat will sink (I suppose I should) but have worried about it in theb spring wondering if I had a new leak with that COLD water.

Big John

Riversedge marina those guys are great always remember my name that meens alot to me and says alot about them.
BARRY

I agree, RiverEdge has been great, and know their stuff.

Louis