Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam 2 Year Old

It doesn't get any better than that. Out of the mouths of babes. A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Thats cool!!!! it brings back memories of two girls (now 23&24) and the day will come when all will realize it aint all about the fishing thanks for the story.
BARRY

Well sounds like you have a new fishing partner, super..

Are you still using those lite bites ?? I gave up on em, I hated re-rigging them when you had a problem, I suppose once you get used to them they would be OK.

I've trolled Squam for many, many hours and never caught a yellow perch til about 2 weeks ago. I've caught horn pout (once) and a pickerel (maybe one a year) White Perch are plentifull, but we don't get many in the deeper waters until YOY smelt are bite size, they seem to stick to the 30' of water areas which are maybe 75% of the lake.

You should be able to catch a Salmon now that there is a decent year class, but it will DIE very soon with the Hex Hatch, a killer on the Squam bite. The Hex (May Flies) hatch last for a good 4 or 5 weeks, not sure why it's so devastatong to the Sqiuam bite but it is, good time to hit the salt if your able.

The hex hatch is evident when you see the spent husk on the top of the water, they look like the outer shell of a pincher bug, very evident on a flat day. The fish LOVE EM and will go off most other baits in favor od May Flies, they can get so thick on Squam I swear we see then on the sonar.

Your welcome to hop on my new boat anytime (when I get it) maybe we can get Charlie to join us like last time. Did we catch any fish that da, I can't remember.

Big John

Hi John, I think you've got me confused with someone else. You did take me out solo one evening last summer and helped me a lot with my rookie learning curve (and thanks alot.... convinced me to spend my kid's inheritance on sonar/gps, etc.) I'm the tall, skinny guy who you were waiting for at curry place while I was sitting on your dock waiting for you. I think we caught a lil bow and a nice white perch (I remember you saying it was one of the biggest whites you've caught and we thought for a moment to keep it for meat but ended up putting it back for someone else to catch). In any event, you didn't think I was an A-hole so you invited me back; I just never took you up on it and September came fast. I appreciate the invite again though. I'm definitely interested in a G2 planer board lesson as I'm thinking of getting a pair if I can save some $$$. Thanks again!

HammerFish
Hi John, I think you've got me confused with someone else. You did take me out solo one evening last summer and helped me a lot with my rookie learning curve (and thanks alot.... convinced me to spend my kid's inheritance on sonar/gps, etc.) I'm the tall, skinny guy who you were waiting for at curry place while I was sitting on your dock waiting for you. I think we caught a lil bow and a nice white perch (I remember you saying it was one of the biggest whites you've caught and we thought for a moment to keep it for meat but ended up putting it back for someone else to catch). In any event, you didn't think I was an A-hole so you invited me back; I just never took you up on it and September came fast. I appreciate the invite again though. I'm definitely interested in a G2 planer board lesson as I'm thinking of getting a pair if I can save some $$$. Thanks again!

I remember you now, there is a guy on here who's name is Hammer, works with Charlie Charters. Sorry for the mistake, but it was am easy one to make.

Your welcome anytime, maybe we can catcj=h a real fish next time, evenings are tough on Squam, it's a 1st light lake big time..

Big John