Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Merrymeeting Today

John Merrymeeting. Only fished it once same results. Its a very clear lake.Some day going to try it again. But Im thinking a cloudy or rainy day might be better.Glad to hear your new fishing machine is in. Sounds like Squam is giving up a few fish.Hope you can get a few day"s fishing in. Before the bugs hatch out.Did see the biggest Bass. I have ever seen laying on the bottom at merrymeeting. Couldn't get it to bite. Didn"have the right equipment.

triple D
John Merrymeeting. Only fished it once same results. Its a very clear lake.Some day going to try it again. But Im thinking a cloudy or rainy day might be better.Glad to hear your new fishing machine is in. Sounds like Squam is giving up a few fish.Hope you can get a few day"s fishing in. Before the bugs hatch out.Did see the biggest Bass. I have ever seen laying on the bottom at merrymeeting. Couldn't get it to bite. Didn"have the right equipment.

Triple D, what equipment was that ? A big net, ha-ha.

It's also a very cold lake, at least 10 degrees colder than Big Squam (a very warm lake) I think quite a bit colder than Winni too. That reminds me, if Squam is "quite" a bit warmer than Winni (I mean 6 to 8 degrees maybe) I wonder why the Salmon don't seem to be bothered too much when brought from 55 degres to low 70's. They seem to do much better than Winni on average, a considerablly colder lake, good question one for the biologist. I think hook wounding is a huge (maybe more) culprit on Salmon growth, unless the ones we bring into warm water in Squam die and sink to the bottom.

Another thing speaking of Biologist (I know a couple iin NH) they never seem to mention Salmon coming into warm water hardly at all as much as hook wounding when discussing Salmon growth. However, in the "Salmon Pledge" it's said that we should try to bring em in faster and get em back in faster when water is warm.

So I guess that is a concern to them as well, which one does more harm, no matter, we should try to avoid both.

Big John

John that would have worked a large net with a 30 foot handle.It was in about 25 ft. of water after a cluster.In a area a lot like squam.If you know what I mean.

Forry - nice boat but will be hard to keep up with the "baby barge". What kind of music were you playing.. RAP ?

JR
Forry - nice boat but will be hard to keep up with the "baby barge". What kind of music were you playing.. RAP ?

NO F_______ WAY, I hate that music, about thje only kind I do. He had Blue Grass on specificaly for me.

He has that Cirious radio, I think 3 or 4 accounts, every car and boat he has has it, ha-ha. I think he has stock in the company.

His boat is set up the the max, be had to top that, at least Pontoon botas are showing many that they can be good fishing boats. Better than 50% of the boats fishing Merrymeeting that day were Pontoons, I thought that was pretty cool. I didn't know any of them either, but one guy e mailed me today, he fishes Merrymeeting allot. He said it is always like that but there are some nice Salmon and Bows in there.

Since he was used to slow fishing, I invited him out on the new boat and I'd show him around on Squam a bit.

BTW, Forry jumped out of a plane (areoplane as RJ calls them) today, haven't heard from him yet, but there were no UFO reports today on the news.

Hey Forry, WHERE ARE YOU, put up some photos ???

Big John

john Sampson
JR

NO F_______ WAY, I hate that music, about thje only kind I do. He had Blue Grass on specificaly for me.

He has that Cirious radio, I think 3 or 4 accounts, every car and boat he has has it, ha-ha. I think he has stock in the company.

His boat is set up the the max, be had to top that, at least Pontoon botas are showing many that they can be good fishing boats. Better than 50% of the boats fishing Merrymeeting that day were Pontoons, I thought that was pretty cool. I didn't know any of them either, but one guy e mailed me today, he fishes Merrymeeting allot. He said it is always like that but there are some nice Salmon and Bows in there.

Since he was used to slow fishing, I invited him out on the new boat and I'd show him around on Squam a bit.

BTW, Forry jumped out of a plane (areoplane as RJ calls them) today, haven't heard from him yet, but there were no UFO reports today on the news.

Hey Forry, WHERE ARE YOU, put up some photos ???

Big John

Saw Forry's sky diving photos, he's crazy. He will most likely post a few here. If he ever has to make a bucket list, that one is all ready done. I suppose if his idol George Bush, Sr. can do it,so can Forry.

Big John

Let's hope Forry's parachute opened today and he had a better day than me..

JR
Let's hope Forry's parachute opened today and he had a better day than me..

Forry had good luck, awsome photos.

If your boat is goin to be tied up for a while, your welcome to hop on the "no name" ???? this weekend, I hope to have her wet by Thursday and stay up for 3 or 4 days for some fishing, but mostly boating I guess hope the break in routine isn't too bad ?

Got to find a name for the new boat ?

Big John

From your past erxperiences, I'd call her
"I'm Squamed"

Louis

The Old Fisherman
From your past erxperiences, I'd call her
"I'm Squamed"

Louis

Not sure yet, but Big John has retired with "The Barge", I'll be just old John S. like before. Let's see how good the new boat does and a name will fall out of the sky hopefully.

Thinking of something with trouble in it as it seems to follow me around, like "Double Trouble" or something, maybe "North or South", not going to rush into it at all, it will happen one day. First we have to get her here and wet, ha-ha.

When you leaving for Alaska you lucky dog ???

John S.

May I suggest "Barge-n-Again" (This name is not copyrighted and any reference to any like name is purely coincidental)Just for laughs.
Good luck with her John and remember you have to get her wet before anything good can happen.
BARRY

That's sounding pretty good and you are 110% correct, got to get her wet first, shooting for Thursday on Winnisquam and Friday Squam for a lonnnnnnng weekend..

Had a really bad day today, no details available, so got to get better from here on, best thing about a bad day, they get better.

John S,