Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This site???????????????????????????????

Well - been on the salt a couple times and the stripers are hitting hard! We did very well yesterday for numbers but only a handful of keepers this round...

Live macks did the trick again for us. Sounds like the Tuna are starting to show up off Jeffries too!

Happy 4th! Hope everyone got some good fishing in this weekend!

Kool-Aid

John got mad at me so he took his ball and went home. I guess he is starting his own message board with some guys from the site. So he is never going to post here again. Not sure what I did to make him so mad, but he is soooo life must go on....

I caught a 20# 34" Cat on lake Champlain this past weekend I'll post pics later today!

Trav

That's a big cat, Trav.
Looking forward to the pics. How did you do with the cold water species?
Richard

Richard,

We did not go up north, my friend owns a camp on the south end of the lake in Shoreham VT. It is a long haul up to Burlington where the cold water fishing is good. It's a nice break to chase other species we fished for Pike, Bass and Cats. We caught a bunch of Largemouth Bass and a Bowfin as well.

Cool Water

That's cool Trav. Do you know that you can shoot those bowfins with bow & arrow on Champ? At least you used to be able to. That sounds like it might be right up your alley.
A bunch of RFP's and myself are heading to the coldwater section of Champ, July 10-17.
Sorry to steal this thread, but after your explanation, it may be DITW, anyway.
Take care,
Richard

Fishrod
That's cool Trav. Do you know that you can shoot those bowfins with bow & arrow on Champ? At least you used to be able to. That sounds like it might be right up your alley.
A bunch of RFP's and myself are heading to the coldwater section of Champ, July 10-17.
Sorry to steal this thread, but after your explanation, it may be DITW, anyway.
Take care,
Richard

Or you can use a deer slug for the toothy ones. ;)
http://www.apnmag.com/spring_2005/vermontpikeshooting.htm