Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late Friday Salt Report

Went out to Jeffery's early at 7am and fishing started slow. Moved around and finally got into the fish, several nice Pollock 27-30 inch's no reel big ones, 8 Cod 24-30 inch's again nothing reel big & 3 Haddock all around 20 inch's. Everything came of the clams, and the fish were in the 200 - 220 foot range. The ocean was flat calm. Saw some whales but didn't see any tuna. Headed back in around 1:30 to jig for some mack's, and that was also tuff. Managed to pick up 8 so we headed to MOM for some striper action. Again we had to work hard for the fish. 4 Stripers all in the 28-30 inch mark nothing big but that's what I expect fishing the river at 2 pm with full sun. All in all it was a good day with a quadfecta.

Charlie

Re: Late Friday Salt Report

Nice mix Charlie. The big ones will be there next time!
Richard

Not to often you can get that quad, Charlie Tuna would be nice. I'm going to give it an honest shot next weekend. I think they should be coming closer to shore. Someone said the blues are around MOM (Mouth of Merrimack). I'll see if I can get some snappers then head out to 30 fathoms and hope for the best!

Charlie

Heard there were some blues in the MOM a couple weeks ago, but we didn't find any last week. Good luck with "Charlie". A friend of mine hooked up a couple already.
Richard

It your handle out there Fishrod and what channel do you monitor. Mine is Charlie's Catch and I usually monitor channel 8.

Charlie

Charlie
I go by Fishrod & my boat name is the Robin K. 21' Sea Hunt CC. I monitor 8 when my radio is on, but my two livewells, plotter, sonar & starting & stopping my 2 stroke, 200 HP, often maxes out my battery.
Tight lines,
Richard