Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekend Report

Moved back to mass and have been focusing most of my time on the striper run lately, and doing very well at it, many 20-30lb fish taken on my 15ft 1974 Steury (rigged for fishing winni). However this weekend I got back to winni and did pretty well. Sat morning we took 3 salmon 2 lakers and 2 rainbows between 6 mile and rattle snake, losing one salmon that i believe was easily over 4lbs. Sat afternoon we hit the same area picking up a couple bows and 1 laker. All these fish came between 20 and 40ft, mostly on watermelon candy top guns. Sunday we hit the same area at 430 and picked up multiple 2yo salmon, a few rainbows bass and lakers. The excitement came around 8 in the same area we had the 4lb the day before. My downrigger rod went and snapped the rod holder down to the point were i thought my rod was going overboard (first time that holder has ever moved).I saw the fish jump about 200 ft back and knew i had something monsterous, four jumps later and **** near burning my drag out I had a salmon that Guarentee would rival anyhting caught so far this year next to my boat. There is not doubt in my mind that this fish was at least 26in and would have to be around 7lbs, thats when it made its final jump and me and my crew said goodbye, since we dont keep any fish it was no great lose but i would have loved a picture. That fish and all the others for the rest of the weekend came on anything orange down between 30-40 fow. And Forry this is no made up fish story!

Re: Weekend Report

Nice report! Get's the adrenaline going! :)
Richard

Ya that sounds like a great trip.

Charlie

He puts me on the stripers, I put him on the salmon. It was a very nice fish,it hit like we snagged the bottom. We will go out to find her again this weekend i guess, hopefully with a pic this time!