Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maine (Rangley or Moosehead Area) Accomodations?

I like Wilsons on Moosehead...can't say enough good things about them. We usually fish/hunt there 4-5 times a year. They are also right on the East Outlet of the Kennebec River (Fly Fishing Only) as well as on Moosehead Lake. It's pet friendly and has a bunch of different cabins.
http://www.wilsonsonmooseheadlake.com/

I have fished both lakes over the years, more time on Rangeley though. I always tried to find places to stay that the wife could walk into town as I boat fish in the AM and drive to fly fish a river in the PM. In Rangeley the best bet is Town and Lake Motel, beaches, cabins, and boat slips. On Moosehead I stayed at Chalet Moosehead in Greenville, no cabins just motel rooms but they have slips and I think a little beach. Be carefull on Rangeley as it will be flat calm at daybreak but when the sun comes up the thermals work out of the mountains and you get a five foot chop by noon. You need a rugged boat on Moosehead since it is so wide open. Good luck.

Thank you very much! This gives me some good leads and options. I really appreciate the info. Thanks again.