Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Dan Hole report

Fished big dan this weekend with the old man and phishdaly. Fished from 530am to 930am then returned after the boat traffic died down to fish 6-9. The bite was very consistent in the salmon department catching multiple fish in the morning and afternoon. The salmon were taking anything with silver, the silver and copper washington lure taking the most fish on the weekend. All fish were caught in the 25-40fow range and they wouldnt touch the downriggers, only the leadcore. All the salmon were 2yo's (i;m assuming) in the 15-17in range and were very lively and acrobatic sometimes jumping 5 times before getting to the boat. After boating 8 salmon on saturday we decided to do some sunset laker jigging in search of the big one. We caught half a dozen lakers up to 20in's using a bass pro jiggy twitch-it with a nightcrawler on the end. All and all an awesome weekend and i'd love to go back when its a little bit cooler, beautiful lake.

Re: Big Dan Hole report

Great report, thank you. Did you stay at the camp ground? Were the accomodations good?

We are planning on trying dan hole as some time.

Crawfish

ya stayed at the campground, the accomadations were pretty good, but you should try and get a site near the launch, parking can be tough and you might have to launch and park at your site. Its a lot bigger campground than i thought, but fortunatly we were real close to the launch. All the sites have water, electric and believe it or not cable, haha. I dont tend to bring my tv when i go camping so i dont know what channels they have but if your staying for a week it might be nice. Regular campgrounds are decent size and there is a lot near the entrance where you can keep boats if yours doesnt fit. there is a private dock so you have to load and unload everytime you wanna go out, cant keep it in water over night. sites are 39/night, but location is great and well worth it. If you dont stay in the campground you can launch till 9am, keeps down on the fishing traffic, only saw 2 other boats fishing all weekend

Thanks for the great detail report.

Crawfish