1) Keep the derby at 3 days (fri, sat, sun til noon)
2) Have only one awards ceremony on Sunday. The heck with these nightly ones. I for one never go. You can still have daily prizes and whatnot but give them all away at one big awards ceremony on Sunday!
3) Fish should be able to be registered during the hours of legal fishing time, period!
4) Either make the grand prize for Rainbows or Salmon (2 fish, same category) or make a separate rainbow trout category
5) Bring back the Boats for prizes. The prizes have gone downhill every year. They used to give away 2 boats to first and second place. Now they give away a total of $13,500. You can't buy the caliber of either boat they used to give away for $13,500. The first place boat was around $25,000 and the second place boat was around $15000. Plus theres nothing like the badge of honor you get for riding around the lake on a boat with "Winni Derby Winner 2007" on it. If you are going to do cash prizes then at least make the cash prize the same worth as the boat.