Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LAKE WINNI FISHING AUGUST 2013

Great Report!!

Thanks

I hope you have a great hunting season and thanks for posting. I haven't fished Winni since the Spring Derby, good luck to everyone out there fishing till the end of September I'll be on the salt pond fishing for Charlie Tuna.

Born to fish forced to work! :>)

Charlie

Jason you were by Lena and I Saturday morning, we only fish till 7:47am. The fishing was crazy, we were fishing deeper than you and rods did not stop going off. It was amazing to see all the boats down the lake almost looked like a derby. Ontario week after next then hunting season. Hope you shoot all the swamp donkeys around. Good luck. Roland

What the ****. "Quality salmon and excelent fish stocking program". Where are you fishin? Not in Winni and not in the state of NH. Maybe we have different views on what is quality.

The mid and late summer fishing on the big lake has been excellent. The salmon I have caught have been very healthy and larger than the ones I was catching earlier in the season. Spring fishing for me this year was not that good for whatever reason. Couldn't escape the small fish.

I live on Welch Island all summer so I am right in the middle of it and for the past 4 or 5 weeks the fishing has been on fire every time I have been out, weekends or weekday.

Considering the immense pressure this lake goes through year round not only with salmon fishing but ice fishing, boating, bass tournaments and tourism in general, I feel we should be thankful to have such a wonderful fishery in our backyard. It may not be perfect, but it's dam good!... and fun!

Tight lines!

Dan

I agree the fishing has been great recently. I think I had my slowest spring ever but the Lake is producing some nice fish now. So get out there before it slows down. I've been using single hook flies at 25 to 38 feet on the downriggers. I've been using Orange and Yellow or Maynard Marvel style but I'm sure the White Perch Green Fly is working now as well. I've seen lots of bait on the Fishfinder. Good Luck out there.

same here. once the thermocline set up, it was on fire. the past 3 or 4 trips especially. the first light bite has been crazy. i've been having good luck between 20 and 35 feet, fishing shallower water early then moving deeper as the sun gets higher. still have the lines between 20-35 though. the white perch fly on lead has been really hot the last few trips. maynard marvel behind the blades has been really good too.