Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tuf-Line Microlead Problems?

yup, the 2 setups that I used today both have a lot of little pieces of lead poking through!!

happened to me. kept poking through. dumped them. fortunately I kept the old leadcore on a reel. have heard that there are some microleads that are better.

Just got into a new spool yesterday afternoon rigging for my next charter. Purchased at AJ's Bait & Tackle.The two reels that lead core was removed had this miserable problem. The small lead sticking out catches on my main leader & tippet when putting line back out after another Winni Salmon or Bow. Most time streching main leader or breaking tippet. Again, I'm liking how this line works and am staying w/it for now. Capt. Bobby

I tried to post something yesterday but it did not post. I don't want to open pandora's box but the guys that do have some problems with the line I will take care of them after the season. I tested a new prototype yesterday with the increased pixles per square inch and it works and feels much better. Once we do a few more tests we will go into production on it. I will PM the guys with an issue later.

Thanks Tackleman for the generous offer to us folks that are sticking with micro lead core. Here's a pic of what your products done for my charters this past season. Very satisfied clients on wyatt's flys charters. Capt. Bobby
 photo IMG_3602.jpg

Meant to add, much like Capt. Bobby,I also liked how the microlead worked otherwise. thank you for standing by your product means a lot. I look forward to trying the new were version of the Microlead.

again, thank you from one Fisherman to another.

Best,
Chris

tackleman, sent you an email about this..

Tackleman......any word if there is s new Tuf-Line Microlead? I've got a 200yd 18lb spool I picked up last year and don't want to use it and have the issues that it's mentioned in the thread. Thanks -Tom Osborne

i've emailed him 2 or 3 times now with no response. hopefully he sees this again.

Hi Tackleman,

I have had same problem with my microlead with the lead poking through.

Thanks,
Chris