Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Swim ladder on Aluminum Boat?

I like the looks/installation of that ladder Sully! I never thought of having it welded on that is a great idea/solution to my problem. Did that come stock on your boat or did you purchase it aftermarket?

That was an option when I ordered the boat. However it wasn't already installed and the dealer had the boat on the lot and picked up the swim platform / ladder from the manufacturer Hewescraft and had it welded on for me.

I can't argue with logic your wife is right. If you're fishing by yourself and you take an unplanned swim how do you get back in the boat? When the water is 35*, you don't have much time.

You can do a search online to see your best option for a pre-made or custom swim platform / ladder and find a good local aluminum welder to install it for you. Just a heads up get more than one step up. Pulling my fat ar$e up out of the water ain't easy. I'm considering having a second step added.

check this one out. It's intended to be hung over a gunwale, has a support handle and can be stored when not using.

Need the link Bill.

Don't you get it? She is giving you the go ahead for a new fishing...um i mean family boat!! Bigger, wider (4downriggers), faster, hard top or bimini, molded swim platform with ladder...the perfect fishing..um family boat!!!...lol