Return to Website

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLANNER BOARDS OR JIGG BOXES OR DOWNRIGGERS WHEN THE ICE IS OUT ???

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT WOULD PRODUCE MORE FISH THROUGH APRIL AND MAY ?

Re: PLANNER BOARDS OR JIGG BOXES OR DOWNRIGGERS WHEN THE ICE IS OUT ???

Salmon should be in the very top of the water column at ice out so any of the above will work. Even flatlined mono should work. I use both DRs and PBs with leadcore. I drop the DRs 5-10 feet initially and use 2-3 colors of lead. Many will drag live bait and flies at ice out...I use metal all season long.

Won't be long now. I was hoping the wind would begin breaking ice but I guess since it did not, its a sign that the ice is still pretty thick. It happens fast though...

i fish alot of shallow edges so the downrigger is more of a pain to use, i leave that at home. also i fish live smelt til the bait dealers run out before using metal. for setups i have cortland trolling line, leadcore, and mono with a tiny bb shot on it. been playing more with the mono in really shallow water

DAVIS
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT WOULD PRODUCE MORE FISH THROUGH APRIL AND MAY ?
Hi Benny,

Why are you using a different handle? The reason I ask is your IP is the same. BTW ALL CAPS was the tip off.

BENNY
Mar 6, 2018 - 9:17PM

But then again I guess you're ICE MAN too!

ICE MAN
Mar 29, 2018 - 7:05PM

WE HAVE A CLUB WITH 15 MEMBERS THAT GO TO THIS SITE AND USE THE SAME COMPUTER. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THIS IF SO TOO BAD ! YOU MUST BE A LONELY PERSON WITH NOTHING TO DO. TOO BAD.

DAVIS
WE HAVE A CLUB WITH 15 MEMBERS THAT GO TO THIS SITE AND USE THE SAME COMPUTER. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THIS IF SO TOO BAD ! YOU MUST BE A LONELY PERSON WITH NOTHING TO DO. TOO BAD.
*Hi there, we have a club of 15 members who all use the same machine for accessing this forum. That’s why it looks like I am changing my screen name.*

See I fixed that for you. All you have to do is not use ALL CAPS, and be pleasant and I’m sure everyone would be happy to speak with you. You seemed to have developed a reputation for YELLING and making rediculous statements which I think some people do not appreciate. Sometimes being civil and mature can go a long ways.

WHEN THIS GUY SULLY OPENS HIS YAPP AND DOESENT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT, YOU PUT THE GUY IN HIS PLACE. POOR LONELY MAN. HE MUST BE YOUR BUDDY CUZ YOURE STICKING UP FOR HIM.

Popcorn and beer to watch the show!

jusgrinnin
Popcorn and beer to watch the show!
sometimes if you push the buttons in the right order...

DAVIS
WHEN THIS GUY SULLY OPENS HIS YAPP AND DOESENT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT, YOU PUT THE GUY IN HIS PLACE. POOR LONELY MAN. HE MUST BE YOUR BUDDY CUZ YOURE STICKING UP FOR HIM.
Wow your whole club's cumulative IQ wouldn't qualify for a basic entry level Mensa club card. Maybe not even a library card.

fingersmiley

POOR LONELY SULLY, THAT HAPPY FACE YOU POSTED IS SHOWING ALL OF US YOUR IQ WITCH IS 1 .POOR POOR LONELY SULLY.

DAVIS

And 15 of you can't figure out how to turn off the caps lock key? I call bull$h!t.

They make meds for this Benny.

Try tolling fish and not people. Loser.

POOR POOR LONELY SULLY HE JUST SHOWED ALL OF US HIS IQ ON THIS SITE. THAT HAPPY FACE SHOWED US ITS 1 . POOR POOR POOR LONELY SULLY.

No room for this kind of back an forth. Not on this site please!! Capt. Bobby

Spent my day yesterday tying Carrie Stevens Favorite fly "Gray Ghost". We have a very important fishing heritage here in New England. I love tying flys for trolling these waters. Some folks walked away with my exhibition flys. Wishing all you folks on this site a very successful season!!! Capt. Bobby
30226172_866148183587504_2256913671063081850_n

Gray Ghost tied on a Mike Matinek #1 Carrie Stevens trolling hook.
30222141_866245900244399_4262866641777324057_n

Capt Bobby
Gray Ghost tied on a Mike Matinek #1 Carrie Stevens trolling hook.
30222141_866245900244399_4262866641777324057_n
That is a Sweet Gray Ghost! Traditional pattern. Topped off with real junglec@ck very nice. How big is that salmon mount? It's a cocker.

Bobby did you video that?

No, but when I get a chance I'll do a video of Carrie Stevens method of dressing a Gray Ghost. Here's some tandem Black Ghost & Rainbow Smelt for a client headed to Lake Champlain. Capt. Bobby
%%bbCodeItem_1%%

This's always been a good pattern where there's Smelt around. Wasn't too concerned about sparseness. There's some big fat LL Salmon in champ!!!!! Capt. Bobby
%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Capt Bobby
No, but when I get a chance I'll do a video of Carrie Stevens method of dressing a Gray Ghost. Here's some tandem Black Ghost & Rainbow Smelt for a client headed to Lake Champlain. Capt. Bobby
%%bbCodeItem_1%%
Bobby, those are some very nice flies.

I would like to order a few of them if that's possible.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know.

sul