Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishing reports?

Where's all the fishermen? I haven't read any reports is nobody fishing? I've yet to get out but am planning on both days this weekend out of Center Harbor.

Re: Fishing reports?

I’m in the same boat, or lack there of. Probably going to hit a river Sunday, but I’ll be out tomorrow.

i've only been on twice, once last saturday until about 11, and once last night by myself in the evening for about 2 hours. most have come on the leadcore with a fly down 3-4 colors. one fish on the rigger with a bloody nose spoon down 18 ft. started fishing higher up at first, 8-12 ft, but got nothing. dropping down to 15-20 and started getting bites right away. water temp has shot up from 43* on sat to about 50* last night (surface temp). have not deployed the fish hawk yet so i don't know the temps at trolling depth. landed 3 salmon and a bow on sat, one salmon last night. nothing big, all about 18" or so.

Bowhunter74201
i've only been on twice, once last saturday until about 11, and once last night by myself in the evening for about 2 hours. most have come on the leadcore with a fly down 3-4 colors. one fish on the rigger with a bloody nose spoon down 18 ft. started fishing higher up at first, 8-12 ft, but got nothing. dropping down to 15-20 and started getting bites right away. water temp has shot up from 43* on sat to about 50* last night (surface temp). have not deployed the fish hawk yet so i don't know the temps at trolling depth. landed 3 salmon and a bow on sat, one salmon last night. nothing big, all about 18" or so.
Hi Bowhunter,

Which Fishhawk do you have? How do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

sul

sully
Bowhunter74201
i\\\'ve only been on twice, once last saturday until about 11, and once last night by myself in the evening for about 2 hours. most have come on the leadcore with a fly down 3-4 colors. one fish on the rigger with a bloody nose spoon down 18 ft. started fishing higher up at first, 8-12 ft, but got nothing. dropping down to 15-20 and started getting bites right away. water temp has shot up from 43* on sat to about 50* last night (surface temp). have not deployed the fish hawk yet so i don\\\'t know the temps at trolling depth. landed 3 salmon and a bow on sat, one salmon last night. nothing big, all about 18\\\" or so.
Hi Bowhunter,

Which Fishhawk do you have? How do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

sul
Sully,
I have the Fish Hawk TD $150.00. I have had it for 3 years gives temp in 5 ft increments. you can attach it to your rod at a stand still and drop it down, or attach it to your rigger ball and lower it. It works excellent, I can't justify the $600 to 800 for the other models.

Barry I,ve had the boat in since before ice out and havn,t been skunked yet but my best day was only six. All very fat and healthy. Been around 15 ft. on riggers and two colors on lead. Was concentrating on dropoffs from about 20 f.o.w. and looking for warm spots, but they seem to have spread out in the last few days.

Thanks all Cal good to hear from you, we need to get together.

only been twice.4/22 I got three fat 18 in salmon, 1 about 22 and a short laker. Most down a couple of colors with the big one on wet line. 4/27 got 4 salmon,3 18 in 1 about 21. Same deal 2 -3 colors with the bigger one on wet line. Will try again Sunday after the wind dies down. Looks like the sheep will be out tomorrow.Good luck

green demon
only been twice.4/22 I got three fat 18 in salmon, 1 about 22 and a short laker. Most down a couple of colors with the big one on wet line. 4/27 got 4 salmon,3 18 in 1 about 21. Same deal 2 -3 colors with the bigger one on wet line. Will try again Sunday after the wind dies down. Looks like the sheep will be out tomorrow.Good luck
Just bagged tomorrows trip cause of the wind will try Sunday.

Spent the last two mornings fishing out of Silver Sands Resort. Starting early, the fish weren't feeding much, Moon I'm guessing wasn't helping. Concentrated on live bait (Smelt) trolling 1 mph. Switched over to flys & hardware later in morning, giving the clients a different technique. Several beautiful 3 YO's landed, some dropped. Cancelled this mornings trip w/30 mph wind gusts forecasted. Heading up to Silver Sands later this morning. Capt. Bob
%%bbCodeItem_1%%

I was out today from 530 until about 1030. We got one smallmouth which had some size to it, and maybe one or two other strikes. Water was 45-50 degrees. The fish seemed scattered. Didn’t see anyone else with much going on.

Still very nice to be out and at it again.

0530-1100, 3-4 2on spoons1 on fly.

sully,

i have a fish hawk x4, the non-bluetooth one. i like it a lot.. comes in extremely handy later in the season when the thermocline sets up. knowing the temp at different depths is extremely useful data. trolling speed at the ball vs boat speed is also very good to know as well. this time of year when they're on top somewhat, i don't use it much. but later on, absolutely.

3 for 4 was a good day. I tried live bait and couldn't get one in the boat. Probably had 8 or 10 on but as soon as they saw the net a good head shake and they were off. By the time I went to flys the bite was over. Will see what next weekend brings.Maybe try a different approach.

Thanks Skinnywater & Bowhunter for the replies! On the wish list.

you're welcome. they're expensive, but definitely a valuable piece of equipment. they come up for sale on lou sometimes, usually run about $400 used, but they sell really quick!