(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Set up for trolling live smelt and shiners

Dan308
I use Paul's single hook sliding bait rigs and find they work great!

Dan
Agree with Dan and I've found Paul to be a helluva nice guy in the many dealings over several years that I've had with him.

I,ll second that! I have found Paul to be friendly and very generous.
Don,t know anyone that likes to be called "dude".

Thanks for the replies, it's helpful. I will try the Paul's rig I have seen them. I am also going to try and sew some live as well. Nutes told me no smelt for the rest of the season. I'm hoping there are plenty for next week. Prefer not to use shiners. My lake is already to warm to try and hold them. Are there still smelt available at most of the shops?

Fishrod
Dan308
I use Paul\'s single hook sliding bait rigs and find they work great!

Dan
Agree with Dan and I've found Paul to be a helluva nice guy in the many dealings over several years that I've had with him.
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression about Paul. My buddy was trying to place a phone order with him and he was kind of cranky. Maybe an off day I dunno. So that was second hand info. I've actually never met the man. And I have been buying his lures and rigs for years now. Clearly I gave his products a positive recommendation here.

sully
Fishrod
Dan308
I use Paul\\\'s single hook sliding bait rigs and find they work great!

Dan
Agree with Dan and I\'ve found Paul to be a helluva nice guy in the many dealings over several years that I\'ve had with him.
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression about Paul. My buddy was trying to place a phone order with him and he was kind of cranky. Maybe an off day I dunno. So that was second hand info. I've actually never met the man. And I have been buying his lures and rigs for years now. Clearly I gave his products a positive recommendation here.

Well, maybe his dawg died that day or something worse?
I'm accepting your apology and letting you know that I've personally known Paul for 10 years, maybe more?
I'm chronologically challenged!
He's a busy guy and he very well could have been outside working on one of his other ventures.

FWIW, I wouldn't put negative comments about a vendor on a public forum, based solely on second hand info!

And on this topic I came across another company / website that sells lures and rigs. I haven't purchased any yet but thought I would let everyone know about it. They look real nice. Just my .02

YMMV

http://northeasttroller.com/