Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: how to post pictures?

Hey, that works pretty slick!

520_BBEDB-3_C3_B-43_DD-9838-31_DD4443_F8_A4
screen shot windows

Killelea fish from 1914. 18 1-2 lb State Record.

That is an awesome picture, love it!!!

Thanks, we found it at my grandparents house. My grandfather grew up on the head of the lake by the chapel. Definitely a cool find. Here’s the backside of the postcard, and a closer view of the fish.

D195_C9_D6-_F9_AE-4363-_A4_FA-641_ACCCF31_F8

D8_F16970-_DE4_E-465_F-93_FC-_CCE6345_C5_B4_F

photo sharing

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

zwiggles
Thanks, we found it at my grandparents house. My grandfather grew up on the head of the lake by the chapel. Definitely a cool find. Here’s the backside of the postcard, and a closer view of the fish.

D195_C9_D6-_F9_AE-4363-_A4_FA-641_ACCCF31_F8

D8_F16970-_DE4_E-465_F-93_FC-_CCE6345_C5_B4_F

photo sharing
Love to look at old pics like that. Love to know the story behind that one!!
Looks like they were coming from or going to Sunday Mass instead of fishin....lol

Too cool, thanks for sharing

I know a bit of their history, but unfortunately not much detail on how it was caught.

My grandfather grew up on the lake, and me killilea was an insurance salesman from MA who vacationed up on pleasant lake. I would imagine that your probably not wrong about the clothes and going to church. It was just down the street from his house, and the lake. It was also caught on a Sunday. Who knows maybe it was before church.

I don’t know 100% for sure, but I have been told it was caught on the same shore as the other state record fish. It’s a small point with a ton of submerged rocks, and structure right off shore.

My grandmother recently passed, and I am hoping we find a photo of the other state record fish from pleasant. The other fish would have been caught when my grandfather was in WW2, but to me this postcard looks like something he picked up at the local store and kept as a momento. I have tones of pics of Brooke’s and “square tails” he used to catch as well. Also one of him with a giant coho salmon down in the sea coast from Newmarket. I never really had an opportunity to know the man, but it’s neat we both shared a love of fishing for trout and salmon.