Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fish at surface

We were fishing staying in the same area, I wonder if you saw us out in a red tracker 19’ deep v?

I also observed the same exact thing. I am 100% convinced they were feeding on a hatch. I have seen this all over the lake, and in much warmer water conditions throughout the year.

I believe they are almost all salmon and rainbows. I haven’t hooked one yet, but I have had a few follow my lure into the boat when casting at the front of the boat while we are trolling. The bite usually does real quick when this happens, and I have yet to find an effective trolling presentation to get them to hook up.

Here is one we saw on Wednesday in Gilford.

77_F39_FA8-_B80_B-490_B-998_B-5_A8_FC863_D154

Re: Fish at surface

Zwiggles. Did not notice your boat, sorry. My kayak probably easier to spot as I am typically the only kayak fisherman in the area (gray camo yak with MS registration & downriggers). The caddis hatch is possible as you saw 1 in the area but they certainly were not noticeable out on the water. And it was calm at times Thursday afternoon. End of the NH expeditions for me - now the focus turns to MA trout ponds. Regards.