Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishing reports

Hi I have always loved to read the fishing reports, but no one ever posts anything. Is there another forum that I could go to that has Winni salmon fishing updates. Hopefully there will be some posts here during the derby

Re: Fishing reports

Jim, With Winni lacking Landlocked Salmon age classes, I'm afraid folks that are finding Landlocks are very tight lipped. This is being seen on all fish forums. Just get out there and fish. That's the excitement of our sport, finding fish an catching them. If it was easy many folks that contribute to this forum wouldn't fish Landlocks.
Captain Bob Wyatt/ Wyatts Flys Charters. (603)344-8698 Feel free to give me a call!

Fished last Sunday 5:30am - 12:30pm. First three hours pulled live bait (shiners) at 1.0 mph. Single #8 hook, hooked down through nostril, out lower lip. Resulted in 7 fished hooked, 4 either dropped LD or at then net. Two went in the box, 4 lbs & 4 1/2 lbs 4 YO's. 8:30am - 10:30 trolled flys and one metal lure, produced one 18"Bow on Golden Royal tandem streamer off Ski-Jigger from fly rod. Rest of day live bait, dropped five more bites. Thats Salmon fishing!! Hope this helps. Captain Bob P.S. Wind was out of East all morning :-(

Forgot to add this was w/fly rods w/sinking Salmon trolling lines & weighted mono lines using our noodle rods. I fished the top 15' of water the whole trip. Good luck out there folks. Hope I see some reports on here. Captain Matty an myself have some $$$ invested here. Don't be a fishing follower, be a fishing leader!!! Captain Bobby

any Pics Bobby? wouldn't mind seeing some nice fish for a change and the ones you mention sure sound what we're loking for.

I'll post some tomorrow after I get home from charter on Winni in morning. Started slow this year taking family to Disney school vacation. I'll be looking for one of those 5 YO healthy Salmon in morning for derby clients. Sure wish I could fish :-(

Forry, Here's a typical Winni 4 YO Landlock!

59301735-1144150669089573-7381818071830233088-n

closest gas station to me that is open

Sorry for the cooler marks. My clients are meat hunters.....
59426388-1144150645756242-4932698342351175680-n

Fished through some very tough winds Saturday am in the derby!
60501025-1153549321483041-6071951461430853632-n
Just shy of needed 22" .

fished saturday 6/1 from 6 to 1030. only managed one little smallmouth, and he was a dragger on the downrigger. didn't even get to see a rod go off. not one salmon, bow or laker. tried multiple colors of flies and hardware, fished from 5 ft down to 25 and everything in between. i fished saunders, lockes, gov, and the weirs. nada.

Bowhunter74201
fished saturday 6/1 from 6 to 1030. only managed one little smallmouth, and he was a dragger on the downrigger. didn't even get to see a rod go off. not one salmon, bow or laker. tried multiple colors of flies and hardware, fished from 5 ft down to 25 and everything in between. i fished saunders, lockes, gov, and the weirs. nada.
I feel like with this odd “spring” we have had the fishing is going to be tough until we get some heat to concentrate the fish.

What where you seeing for water temps up there?

55-ish surface temp everywhere i went. i didn't use my fish hawk though, probably should have.

Thanks bowhunter for the intel.

I was out today and saw a lot of 65 degree water, and down to 60.