Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat 8/24

photo 20190824_072250.jpg

Got to the lake at 530 with my wife. Started to set up my down riggers and I forgot the weights at Home!!! painted all 4 of them last week and left them in the shed, instantly bummed! I wanted to go straight home, my wife said you cant use ANY of THOSE RODS ??? (I had a 6 lead set up and a 4 lead set up and I hate fishing lead core). I said "lets take a boat ride, get breakfast and head home, I cant get deep enough with 4 and 6 colors"..... so I figured what the heck we'll fish the 2 lead cores for an hour or 2 then get breakfast and head home. We were marking a ton of bait at 50' in 70'of water so we just kept running the area, caught a few smallmouth and white perch. About 6:30 we picked up nice salmon that I thought was a laker because he put the brakes on and just sat there worked him to the boat and he finally made his run and put up a good fight. Got him back in the water, worked him a bit and he lumbered down to the deep, glad he made it. The next one wasn't so lucky he was spent and we ended up bringing him back for a friend, he was caught on 4 colors at 7am! the first on was on 6 colors. We caught a few more bass after that, 1 smallmouth was real good size and put up the best fight!!

Glad my wife talked me into staying, we were off the lake at 9 and managed to catch the 2 best salmon of the year for us on winni. Never again will I forget those weights we were marking a ton of fish and bait between 40-60'

Good luck out there!

Re: Sat 8/24

does anybody know how to get the photo bucket tag off of the image?

Thanks

That is a beauty!!

Great report.

Dump photobucket and use this site. Very easy to use.

https://postimages.org/
rbow

I'm hearing you Sully! Use postimage

Nice job ilucas and co! Way to stick it out even if you had to fight them on the dreaded LC, better than sitting at home right?!

Nice morning on the lake. Better looking fishing partner than Forest.....Ha, Ha

Roer-

HAHA thanks Roger! have you been out at all? It is like a walk in the park when my wife comes out! Forrest has to be put in time out on occasions...lol