Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any one use a duo snap tolling flies?

I have been looking at using a Duo snap to troll flies it seems to give some action. Does anyone do this?

Thanks

Re: Any one use a duo snap tolling flies?

Never tried it. Always tie to the streamer.

I started using Arnold's Speed Clips last season.Not so much for the action,but for the ease
of changing flies or lures.I don't use them on every rod.I caught fish with them.I
use the large size.For what it's worth.

Ranger
I started using Arnold's Speed Clips last season.Not so much for the action,but for the ease
of changing flies or lures.I don't use them on every rod.I caught fish with them.I
use the large size.For what it's worth.
Thanks, I have always wanted to try it. I will run one and see how it does. Most people tie direct.

I started using these tiny little speed clips from mustad. I used to direct tie, they look scary at first and dont seem strong but work awesome I have not broken one yet. Hardest part is tying to the leader line.

Try snapping the clip to your lure or fly first, then tie it on. Gives you something to
hold onto.

Thanks for the tip.

yup, i use duo lock snaps on everything and catch plenty of fish. makes fly/lure changes a helluva lot easier.

Bowhunter74201
yup, i use duo lock snaps on everything and catch plenty of fish. makes fly/lure changes a helluva lot easier.
Does it give the fly action or does the fly track straight. I have caught fish on those wiggle disks last year first time trying them. I

skinnywater
Bowhunter74201
Does it give the fly action or does the fly track straight. I have caught fish on those wiggle disks last year first time trying them. I
You can tie a fly direct with a loop knot, use a quick clip or a duolock. None of these connections give your flies action! They'll always pull straight except maybe at the end of a turn or wave action. Even given those, "fly action" is negligible.
Not saying they don't work cuz they obviously do!