Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Fishing alone?

Call me,Jack McGinnis @524 8438. I'm retired and can fish almost anytime. Ihave a boat also but often I'm looking for someone to fih with.

Re: Re: Re: Fishing alone?

Jack I just emailed you information in regard to joining our RFP (Retired Fishing Group).
Cal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fishing alone?

I'm Not retired but i would Jump at the chance and Love to go out with any one of you guys to learn from some of the "Master's" I met Hal at the Gathering (God Can't wait for the next get together so i can meet more people LOL) and am almost done reading his "Excellent Book" and can't wait to see the Video!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines to all of you!!!!!!! Dave!!

Re: Fishing alone?

Couple things. I would not pull up the other rigger. Leave it down. In fact, if you can drop it do so of course depnding on your depth. 9 times out of 10 salmon will come up so they should clear your lines, particularly if you only have two out there. If its spring and your fishing close to the surface, thats when you can drop the other one.

As far as idling, I wouldn't do it. You'll maintain better boat control if you keep trolling and while your scrambling to adjust the other rigger, it keeps some pressure on the fish. If you hrow it in idle, you have a much better chance of loosing the fish b/c the hook can fall out.

One other thing; if there is wind, as soon as you get a fish on turn the boat down wind. It will steer its self much better. Then you can shift your weight side to side to control it.

Have fun!

Fishing alone and Friday evening report

Great idea with gas so costly to share and also a way to learn new techniques from others!

Yes! Our retired "old fogies" group, formed at the gathering, is now doing this and the fellowship is great! We're having a fishing "armada" of several boats fishing together on May 3.

I've been away in MA all week working on the Master Angler DVDs. But came back last night for the last hour of fishing. Caught one nice salmon on a pink & tiger Top Gun trolled with 4 colors of 12 lb lead core.

I'm moving out to Bear Island this week!

Good luck!

Hal

John's right...

Yes, John, I agree with what you're saying. It definitely makes it easier if you have a email address to send comments/questions direct to someone rather than over the message board. I always attach my email (above) so that anyone can write me. I look forward to receiving fishing related emails...
Secondly, if this list was to come to fruition I do believe you bring up another question we'd have to ask eachother... what are your honest expectations of an enjoyable day? (To me, its more about camaraderie and the CHANCE of landing a whopper. I don't eat fish often, so more than likely if I caught one, I'd throw it back anyways.) But yes, I see your point... I'd hate to be out fishing with someone that gets mad when the fish don't bite. That would ruin it for me.
Anyways, if this "list" doesn't work out I want everyone to know that all of you are welcome to email me for anything. Just remember, I'm a rookie when it comes to heavy duty trolling, so don't have expectations of nailing a dozen fish with my knowledge...hehe. But I do guarantee I'm gonna do my best.
Good luck to all... hope to meet many of you on the water. (I'm going to be getting vinyl for the boat lettering soon, so you'll know who I am.)
Craig Butler

Re: John's right...

Hey Slipnot, i gotta an idea for the name of your boat!!!!!!! Where as it says dixie on it you could call it the "Winni Dixie"!!!!!! LOL Just a suggestion Take Care and God Bless, I'm not sure if we are going fishing tommorrow or not I've got to work for the student Senate at a dinner dance tonight but we may still be going (God i hope so, be one of those trips where i don't sleep at all But who care's if i can go FISHING LOL) I've still got your cell # so I'll give ya a call tommorrow and let ya know ok? Take Care and God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!

Re: Re: John's right...

Just give me a call one way or the other... probably won't be back in NH til 10 or so...
Winni Dixie has a ring to it, but I've already decided to stick with Slipknot. I figure more people will know who it is that way.
Talk to ya soon.

Re: Re: Re: John's right...

Even if we don't go fishing, I will still bring you the canvases back as i know you have other people who are interested and want to look at them Again Thank You and have a nice trip!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!

Something to be said about solitude and fishing.

As mentioned by many, we all agree fishing alone normaly stinks.

But after thinking about it, I can remember a few very pleasent/peacefull days, being out on the Lake, alone. Some good fishing days and some bad, but solitude and fishing do go hand in hand sometimes.

I really think that's one of the reasons I've allways loved it so much. But a few extra helping hands most times, is allways welcome with this type fishing. But I'm sure there are many still that enjoy and perhaps prefer to fish alone.

John S.

Re: Something to be said about solitude and fishing.

I fish alone about as often as with someone else - with the [rice of gas and a near 80 mile drive to get to the lake I would love to hook up with someone. I pretty much prescribe to the Fishing way of life as ooposed to the Catching way of life, at least most days. I have never had a day on the wtaer that I didn't enjoy. I am 51, non smoke, non drinker, but may shoot imaginary guns at the ducks and geese as they fly over. Oh yeah, I giggle and holler when I get a good fish on. Put me on the list AJ!
later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Re: Something to be said about solitude and fishing.

Don't feel bad throbbin rods, A usual trip down to winni with the price of gas now ends up costing just around 60-100$ Me and my buddy Robert always go 1/2 on the gas, other then that the boat would probably be sitting there LOL, but as bad as i have salmon fever this year i probably would've taken a loan out just for money to go fishing LOL Where ya coming from? we come from way up thar in Berlin N H Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!

Re: Re: Re: Something to be said about solitude and fishing.

I'm in. I have a 16.5 Sea Nymph with a 15HP Johnson that trolls down real slow.I am always looking for someone to go with. I have a place in Ossipee and it's only a 1/2 hour to Wolfeboro for me. I take out the center seat and put a nice Adirondack chair facing the back, so it's pretty comfortable. Next time I go, I will let you guys know.Anyone is welcome.