(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: reel for lead core

Forry,

I have a depth master gold reel that I purchased from cabelas and I was able to fit 9 colors on it. If I were to do it again I would get a slightly larger reel so I could get 10 colors on it. 10 colors is about all you will need. I have also seen people use penn reels. I also took a fly rod and put 5 colors on it for use early in the season like right now.

-John

Re: Re: reel for lead core

I have 2 okuma CL300L reels I love them They are a good price and will hold at least 10 ten colors. They cost about 30-35 dollars very good real and price!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Forry,

I have a depth master gold reel that I purchased from cabelas and I was able to fit 9 colors on it. If I were to do it again I would get a slightly larger reel so I could get 10 colors on it. 10 colors is about all you will need. I have also seen people use penn reels. I also took a fly rod and put 5 colors on it for use early in the season like right now.

-John

Re: Re: reel for lead core

I use a Penn 109 reel that i bought at Wally World for about 60$ Holds 10 colors of lead, backing, mono with no troubles I like it but i am also going to go to A.J.'s (Link on the left in links page) and get one of his already set up combos. Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!