Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Launch at Merrymeeting.

Anyone thinking of fishing Merrymeeting be advised. The ramp is in serious disrepair and the water level is down almost 2 feet. If you add these two factors together it equals severe propeller damage. I have proof of this.

Catch You Later
EASI-TROLLER

Re: The Launch at Merrymeeting.

When did you go? How did you do? Damage on putting in or taking out? Was the motor up? I still need to get out.

Re: Re: The Launch at Merrymeeting.

The ramp at Merrymeeting has to be the worst in the State. Motor up, down, it doesn't matter. Years of power loading and neglect have left it almost impossible to launch or retrieve without damaging something on your vechicle, trailer or boat. The water is so low that where the tar used to end is now all broken and or missing and the gravel or sand is eroded away forcing you to back your vehicle up to your floor boards just to get water under your boat to slide off the trailer. Parking is ridiculous as well. Seems that the residents (Lake Association) and the State cannot agree on how to lay out a new ramp area so it goes undone. Not sure what State Department or Agency is responsible but if some State Rep./Senator or official is reading this board, I urge you to look into this as it is a disgrace and an insult to all of us who buy licenses, pay fees, and support the state of NH and this sport.
Sorry for the soapbox, but something needs to be done over there.
Bob

Re: Re: The Launch at Merrymeeting.

Easi-Troller (my son), Easi-Troller Jr.(my grandson), and I fished Merrymeeting on Monday. It was a misty gray day and quite choppy. Thought it was going to be a great day to catch salmon--a day that had been anticipated for over a month.
Because the water level is so low the large rock that's just beyond where the boat comes off the trailer now beckons the unsuspecting. And when you're in reverse there's no protection for the prop even though the motor was raised but obviously not enough. Aluminun being softer than rock-well no contest. It's now down at Western Auto in Dover waiting for H&H to pick it up next Monday.
But still having anticipation for a great day we flipped coins to see the order of who goes first, second, third when the rods start to shake. I finally won a toss (I usually end up last)so I was up first. Good thing since all day (7 hours)we only got a 14" salmon and one hit on a Mickey Finn streamer. Not even a rainbow which we normally catch. We didn't mark many fish either. Where are they all hiding? They can't all be near shore.
We had the whole lake to ourselves. Needed the side curtains up though because it was cold, moist, and windy. That's probably why we were the only ones out there.
Though the day was challenging and we didn't catch a lot of fish, still any day when three generations get together to fish is a great day.
Cal