Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fallfish

I can get my hands on some pretty big fallfish/roachfish. I want to target a big laker. These baits are 10-12inches long. What depths should I be fishing them? I'll be fish from Wolfeboro and heading out towards Rattlesnake. Downrigger, leadcore? Any suggestions??

Re: Fallfish

What exactly is a fallfish/roachfish? are these already located in winni Joe? If not i think ya can get in big trouble for using a non native fish to a body of water, but i have no idea what these two fish are just my 2cents worth LOL Glad to hear the kids thing went good wish i could have been there. Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!

Re: Re: Fallfish

Dave, Up North they call them Dace.

Re: Re: Fallfish

Some call them fallfish and some call them roachfish. Same fish and they are native to Winni

Re: Re: Re: Fallfish

Yes , they are native and seeing as I am an "old timer" like Salty , when I was growing up in VT. along the Conn. River these fish were called Dace.

My guess is you would want to sew on and troll real slow or drag the bottom with them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the Clarification

Thanks guys i had no idea what the heck you where talking about LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!