Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Yo Adrien

Adrien... you're gonna have to give me lessons on those darn Roemer releases... I was given a couple, but no instructions. I went online to Roemer release and their instructions had me totally confused. I'd love to try them, if I could just figure them out! LOL
I am sure its easy once you've seen it done once, but it has me baffled! Any pointers would be great! Thanks.

Re: Yo Adrien

i don't think i can't explain it, maybe?

take your line
double it
pinch it into the pinch part.
One side of the pincher will now have a small loop of line sticking out and the other side will have 2 strands coming out (1 to rod and 1 to lure.
put both strands through the trip finger at the bottom. This allows the fish or the fisherman to trip it and still allows you to crank the crap out of your rods without them popping.

Adjust tension with the little plastic screw (before you pinch)

Re: Re: Yo Adrien

Adrien, I've seen you do it a 100 times and I still don't know how you do it ?????????

By the way, I lost a hat over board last week and allmost another yesterday, but we fished it out, getting better at what I lose don't ya think.

John S.

John S. & Yo Adrien

John, you forgot to mention how you found the only 12' water in a 90' hole to drag the riggers across... LOL... just kidding with ya. I know it was the gps! Hate it when that happens... hehehe.
Looking forward to our next outing.

Adrien... HUH???... Yeah, I think I've got it now... I put the loop through the thingy, then pull the strands down around the whatchamacallit and adjust it with the thingamabob, but only before I set the whosamadingy... RIGHT??? I think that's right... hahaha. Actually I think I just need to take a piece of mono and try doing it once. I found another site that had pictures (I like pictures) and I think I got it by golly. Thanks, maybe? LOL
Hey, we have to meet someday. And yes, I need to see some more pics of that boat of yours!!! How's she coming anyway?

Re: Yo Adrien

I could use that same lesson. I have a pair of them and have no clue how to set them up. Stumped. Had them for a couple years and they still are in the packaging!

Re: Re: downrigger clips

I'll second the Roemer release. I've never had a false release and they are incredibly easy to stack (no toothpicks or rubber bands involved!!). Like Adrien said, you can also load the bejesus out of your rod. It seems like the first time out every year I need to re-read the directions to jog my memory but that's it. Definitely a very unique release but the smoothest working release I have ever used.

Re: Re: downrigger clips

My favorite is the pro troll(clips) out of cabellas. They are made in Washington State for salmon/steelie rigger fishing in the rivers. The reason I like them so much is that I use a lot of live bait, lip hooked, no sliders. Off the riggers, when I'm down 15-50 feet with 100' lead off the rigger, they will release with the slightest hit on the line, then I can feed line so they get the bait down to their poop shoot, and they do not feel the hook and then its time to cross their eyes! No cling ons ever, and I don't drag a skeleton around for an hour getting chomped to bits by everything in the lake but not tripping the release. They weave on to the cable, above the ball. This also allows me to run my flashers off my ball, which gives the presentation more movement and flash.
I second Adrien on the big R's for my second choice.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: downrigger clips

Do they also have another name? Did not see anthing bounce back in Cabela's search for them. I think I got a pair of these two becuase someone on the board swore by them for bait. Might have been you in fact. Didn't fish much bait last year but will this year. If I recall the guy who recommended them said you could strip line thru them. I never quite figured out how to use them but someday maybe we could hook up and I could see what you do.

Re: Re: Re: downrigger clips

I will echo my younger Bro's words about the Pro Troll - he and I have been using these for 20 years or better. Roemer same thing. I also use the little Big Jon clips on my cable between the cable and the ball.
later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Re: Re: Re: downrigger clips

I'll look them up and give you page numbers proline, and yes it was me. If your going to the derby we can hook up some where and i'll show you how. To me they are best for bait.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: downrigger clips

Good idea. I will make a point of find you that weekend. I had shoulder surgery 3/1 and believe or not have not made it onto the water yet. Hope to this Saturday aft./Sun morning.