Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Full boat tomorrow AM

Started out with just me and my dad going... But, at a birthday party tonight I invited my dad's friend and his grandson (about 10?). Lets just say that little guy just about hit the ceiling with excitement. He didn't care that he would have to be up at 3:45 to drive up to the lake... he wanted in on it. Seeing his smile was great. Lets just hope he enjoys it as much as he thinks he will.
I figure I'll let him pick out his own lures for his lines... any other suggestions for what might keep him interested for 5 hours of fishing? I hope I can keep him busy reeling in fish, yeah right! This is new to me... I don't have kids. Any hints you can pass along for keeping it interesting would be appreciated. If not for this time, maybe next time.
Thanks everyone.

Re: Full boat tomorrow AM

Slipknot, If ya can't get the salmon to hit, go into the bay at bear island and troll close to shore I've caught some huge smallmouths in there, but i think you'll see the little guy will just be excited to be with the "Big" boys out on the boat, I won't be home till sunday evening got a bowling tournament to go to in manchester Have a great time Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!! P.S. Im gonna go nuts without my website for two days UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Re: Bring a camera!!!!!!!!1

Even though ya don't have any kid's bring a camera, if that little guy catch's a salmon it will be just like one of those commercials "PRICELESS" the smile alone is enough to make ya want to bring them with you all the time, I would rather watch a child bring in a fish then catching one myself It's Great to see. Good Luck i hope he catches a Monster Take Care God Bless and may the Fishing God's be with all of you Tight Lines Dave!!!

Re: Re: Re: Bring a camera!!!!!!!!1

Definitely bringing a camera... will send you pics if we get any. Thanks and have fun at the bowling tournament. Hope your kids do well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bring a camera!!!!!!!!1

I have a 5 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. When things get slow I let them drive. I figured at 1.5 miles per hour it's a perfect time to let them try it. They are getting used to going out. We will be out this afternoon from 3 till dark I will try to give you a shout on 12 if you are still out.

Take care and ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bring a camera!!!!!!!!1

We made it back safe and sound... Only one fish today (16 1/2" salmon)... that was at 7 am after that a couple hits but nothing hooked. Almost got T-Boned by another boat (had to shout to get their attention). Luckily we were both doing trolling speeds. I guess I got in the way of their desire to make a sharp left turn??? If it was someone from the board... thanks for turning haha.
So the little fella had fun regardless. He picked on us cause he was the only one to reel in a fish.
Very nice day on the lake... I just had bad mojo today.
Didn't see marine patrol til we docked in Ctr Harbor at the end of the day.