Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: What a morning

Thanks Craig, sorry to hear about your antennae. I also realized how badly my handheld VHF worked today so I'm off to buy a new radio and 8' antennae too. John Sampson will be proud of me. Gotta love it!
Bob

Re: Re: Re: What a morning

I'm still in the market for a radio and antena (how many ways can you spell antenna ?) but I thought I would wait until the prices go up. On my list of things to do.

Bum deal leaving all your gear home, I haven't done that yet, but I left my Davies Spinners home once, now I keep a 1/2 dozen on the boat, along with all my spare downrigger balls. Did I mention Squam is a tough Lake to troll ??

Hope you both have a better outing next trip.

I'm all set for tomorrow, I think ????????

John S.
John S.

John S.

John S.

Did you say antenie?
Good luck tomorrow... may have to give you a call as it may be the closest I get to fishing. Cabinets aren't going in as smooth as I'd like, so probably will be working on the kitchen all day tomorrow.
Hope that trolling plate works out for you. I've seen that style advertised, but never actually seen one.
Have a safe trip up.
Craig
Craig

Craig

Re: John S.

Well guys, I went looking for a radio today you notice I didn'y use the word "antenna"...anyway, I didn't get one but I did order an "EasyTroller" trolling plate. Looks just like the others except part of the lower plate is hinged in case of "premature acceleration" LOL ... You can find them on line. I should have it in time for next weekend. I'll let you know how it works. Now, about that radio!

Re: Re: John S.

The easy troller with mid hinge is what i just put on my boat... I love it, though I have found it is hard to lock into the up position at times. I have had to trim my motor up and hook it with a net twice now to click it in place. I put it on an I/O and it looks like it sits just high enough that the prop wash always trips the hinge rather than the whole plate when I want it to.
Just beware of the above...
On a good note, I can attest to the fact that even under full power it doesn't bend or break... I tried. It does as advertised and flexes at midpoint.
Just my $.02

Re: Re: Re: John S.

Good to hear. Now that I track my speed by GPS I have found an almost 3/4 to 1 mph difference between the depthfinder speed (wheel) and the GPS. Can't get the GPS speed below 2.2 without 2 buckets out. I'm hoping the trolling plate does the trick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What a morning

You wont believe this, I laft a briefcase with over 100 DB's in my iffice yesterday, I had a good reason not to pack it up Saturday, but I hadn't intended to leave it home. Must have been contagious. But we had plenty of gear and the plan ws to fish with Live anyhow.

John S.

Re: Re: Man and i thought i only had bad luck LOL

Don't feel bad slipknot i once left the anchor down on my old boat and almost killed my grandfather when i was a kid LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!