Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fri-report

I fish either the AM or PM, without real preference. This year I did better in the PM early in the season & lately I've been doing better in the AM.
I usually use live bait (as I wrote before) and flies/spoons are a standby. I've used spoons in the past but, I find the salmon often get off ("throwing the spoon") while they are jumping and they seem to use the weight of the spoon as they thrash their heads around & manage to unhook the thing on me. Especially, Sutton's which give good results in the strike department.
I bought a fly rod some years back and although I never quite managed to cast it without tieing the leader into a total mess, I put it away (a purist, I'm NOT.) Then, a friend showed me how to load it with lead core and a leader & troll with it. It's a ton of fun, especially the reel noise when they hit it hard and the feel through the rod is something.
I don't usually go out on weekends (I'm retired) & I find weekdays a lot less stressful as I don't have to deal with near as much boat traffic. However, I am going out this Tuesday, and it just so happens I can't find anybody to go with me. Are you able & interested in coming along? If so, we could meet at A.J's Bait at 5 AM. The "Tank" has a canvas top so at least the rain won't run down our necks (actually it's not too bad with the top up, even if it's really pouring.) Let me know either way, my email is Maddog7337@att.net.

All the Best,

Gary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fri-report

Tuesday at 5am sounds good. I will be sending you an email, keep your eye out....