Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: landlock recipes

Hey there Fishlessman, I used to fillet mine in small 3-4inch fillets, pat them in flour, roll them in beaten eggs, then put them in Italian Bread crumbs and deep fry. I know bake them in the oven at 350 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the fish. i put the fish whole in a pan similar to a brownie pan, spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray, pat the whole fish down with butter, salt,pepper, put some more salt,pepper and a couple hunks of butter in the cavity and let it bake, when meat fall off the bone fish is done (check as some oven temps may vary) when mine is finished the skin will peel right off in one piece, use enough butter but don't overdue it or it will taste buttery, you can also put some lemon juice or other spices to suit your individual taste I love it this way and it can also be done the same way on an outdoor grill instead of using the pan double wrap in tinfoil and follow same directions I love eating it this way and the meat falls right off the bones so there's only a bone every once in a blue moon. Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!