Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Easy Troller

I went with trolling plate -- yes -- the Easy Troller for a number of reasons, including the hinge that keeps it from bending. I got sick of buckets and socks and did not want to get a separate motor.

The Easy Troller works great. Its a little more $ than some of the others but worth it in my estimation.

Re: trolling plate or kicker

Bought an Easy Troller on line from BoatersOutlet.com for $99.99. It is all metallic and the bottom plate is hinged and pops outward if you forget to raise it prior to takeoff. I'll let you know next weekend how it works.

Re: Re: trolling plate or kicker

Do you have to drill holes in your motor to mount it? That's the only thing that scares me away from using plates. Last thing I need is a hole gone bad in my motors lower unit.

Re: Re: Re: trolling plate or kicker

Yes. You need to drill four 1/4" holes fastened with stainless steel bolts and lock nuts on the anti-cavitation plate. If it doesn't work out you can remove the unit and just leave the bolts in place. I've done it in the past with a hydrofoil that I didn't care for. I removed it and left the bolts on and had no negative effect on steering, performance, etc. I'll post this weekend on how it works out installation and performance wise.