Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Question on trolling plates

Very happy with mine... I bought the one with hydrofoil fins and it definitely helps the boat plane better at higher speeds. You wouldn't know it was there when its in the up position...

Re: Re: Re: Question on trolling plates

I've also got the Easy Troller with hydrofoil fins on a Honda BF-90 4 stroke on an 18-ft Alumacraft Magnum 175cs. Since my boat is a little bow light, the fins help with control and planing quicker at low speed. Seems to run nice at high speed too. At first I thought it took about 2 mph off my top end speed(about 33-34 mph before), but I found that if I adjusted the tilt up a little bit (which I normally run all the way down at high speed), I found a sweet spot where I got most of the speed back, maybe I lost 1 mph. All in all, I'm very happy with it, just wish I could get up to Winni soon...

Another thing, it definitely helps in trolling in rough water as others have posted.

Re: Re: Re: Kicker Vs Trolling plates

Im a bit late one this but here's my 2 cents.I just put an 8 hp kicker on my boat and my main thing is keep the hours of use off the $6,000.00 motor and put them on a cheaper and more fule friendly 8hp.
mark

Re: Re: Kicker Vs Trolling plates

What are you asking for the plate ?