Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winni Fishing

I have been fishing since I could remember in my best of memory. From the age of 4 years old I have been by my father’s side on the lakes of New Hampshire. There I have seen the best fishing of my time, and remember the stories of the fish being pulled out of the lakes that surround the area’s Salomon region. This including the biggest New Hampshire freshwater fish in my life, an 8lb salmon caught on SQUAM Lake when I was 6 years old, out of a dead sleep in the fall streamer flies session. These fish were caught with the most primitive means of tackle or what was provided at the times.
My father is one of the founded member and laborer of (The SALMON UNLIMITED) program and the Piscatiqua River program) in witch the reproduction of COHO Salmon and SMELT in salt water and fresh water were conducted. With many years of devotion and volunteered time, this gave a new life to the state of New Hampshire, giving an abundant amount of smelt and pacific run Coho salmon to the lakes region and costal region of the state. With the Black Brook program in Winnisquam, providing more food to the salmon body than was naturally produced to provide the body of waters with the accurate amount of food per year due to the annual change in bait, making some remarkable years of landlocked salmon fishing remarkable.
This day we see, or I at the age of 18 see a major decline in the amount of fish caught and the amount of trophy fish caught. I do believe in the effort of catch and release and do not take a fish from the lake unless it will be processed. I see to it that fish and game as of this point cannot manage the amount of baitfish, and fish caught, factored with the amount of fisherman per body of water, taken, is accurate. Once I see an average of 3 ½ lb salmon which should be produced with the bait produced, pulled out of the lake will decline.

Re: Winni Fishing

The way I understand it is our program in NH is "Put and Take" and by not TAKING, we are hurting the overall success of the program. I don't know your background, but I have full confidence in the NH fish and Game's approach to the Salmon fishery in NH.