Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fish and Game responds to my email concerning the Merrymeeting launch.

Dear Mr. Todd Schroeder:

Thank you for your inquiry into the Merrymeeting Lake Boat ramp. We are aware of the large pothole that exists in the asphalt portion of the ramp, which I observed on Friday when I was at the site. We are working with NH Dept of Environmental Services relative to obtaining an emergency wetlands permit to perform a temporary repair to that portion of the ramp.
As you may be aware Fish and Game has been working on this project for close to 8 years, this included a suit filed against the Department by the Merrymeeting Lake Association. At this time we are close to an agreement with the lake association on this project.
The proposed project will include improved parking across the street, along with an improved concrete log ramp and docking structure for loading and unloading of boats.
I am hopeful that in the next few months we will have things worked out with the lake association. Then we will be able to finalize our plans and move forward on all the necessary paperwork to obtain a wetlands permit and contractor to complete the development of the site.

Sincerely,

Daniel R. Lynch
Assistant Director

Re: Fish and Game responds to my email concerning the Merrymeeting launch.

Thanks for posting this EASI-TROLLER, good to know they are working on this. I hit Merrymeeting once in a while (in between Winni trips) and agree that ramp is horrible this year. It's been bad for a number of years now, but this year it's nearly unusable.