Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not much action today

BrianF and I tried our luck this morning from 5 til 11:30 or so... only boated one 19" laker and lost one unknown from same hole. Other than that...nothing.
Heard others either having luck or catching nothing. One guy was even ready to throw his tackle box in the pond... lol.
Weather changed back and forth on us a bit. Went from warm and sunny to grey and cool real quick at one point. That's when we got into fish... Then it switched back to fairly clear skies and no more hits.
Had a good chuckle early on when someone on channel 12 said where they were catching a few... we could literally watch as boats moved from other areas to converge on that spot. Which happened to be just around the bend from where we were... and boy did it get crowded pretty quick. Felt like we were running the gauntlet a few times. Luckily no tangles.
Good luck tomorrow everyone. I'll be out with Dad and a friend to give it another try.

Re: Not much action today

what part of the lake were you fishing and how deep ."reel it in "

Re: Re: Not much action today

We were up by Bear Island... ran between 3 and 4 Mile then back towards 1 mile...
Fished 2 lines at 2 and 3 colors... and two lines on downriggers hit fish at 15-18 feet, but also tried down to 25-30 feet for a while. Marked quite a few fish in the 25 foot range, just couldn't get them to bite.
Both hits were on a db smelt gold/orange... Also ran top guns, suttons, mooselooks and cleos... heck, we even tried a rapala stick bait for a while.
We'll give it heck in the morning.

Re: Not much action today

slipknot, I would like to thank you for bringing me out today. Though the action was slow I did learn a lot of new things and corrections on others that I may have been doing wrong from the get-go.

Hopefully we can do this again soon and maybe next time I'll leave the camera at home. I'm sure that was the problem. :)

Take care and good luck tomorrow.

Brian

Re: Re: Not much action today

We'll definitely go out again... I had a great time even if the fish weren't cooperating. We landed a fat 21 1/2" male salmon right off the bat this morning. Then nothing but missed hookups... Not sure if they were hitting short or what, but we were just not landing them??? I even checked to make sure the hooks were still sharp and they were...??? Oh well... good day with the wife and dad anyways. My friend backed out 9pm last night, so the darling wife decided she'd get up early to be on the water for 5am. What a good wife! She got a bit cold, but she stuck it out.

Re: Re: Re: Not much action today

You should get one of those little heaters called a Mr. Buddy, Then the wife would probably wake up and go with ya more often LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!