Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Sampson Fisherman Extraordinaire presents the pimp spoon OOOOOOHHHHH!! AAAAAAHHHHH

Re: John Sampson Fisherman Extraordinaire presents the pimp spoon OOOOOOHHHHH!! AAAAAAHHHHH

YOAdrien, Thanks for putting the photos up.

I can't take any credit for this spoon, a guy that works for me and fishes with us allot too, made a few tape jobs of his own.

We busted his chops and nicknamed them "Pimp Spoons", but he got the last laugh, as they ae catching fish when others fail.

The small circles are bactually holes punched in the tape with silver taper showing from underneath, count them there are 7 different colors and it only wieghts 2 pounds.

There are no two "Pimp Spoons alike", each one is a "Classic", however now he's thinking of making duplicates and selling them, I told him not to give up his regular job..

John S.

Re: Re: John Sampson Fisherman Extraordinaire presents the pimp spoon OOOOOOHHHHH!! AAAAAAHHHHH

They look great! Do you know where you can get color tape like that.
thanks Dan
PIMP SPOON! love it!

Re: Re: Re: John Sampson Fisherman Extraordinaire presents the pimp spoon OOOOOOHHHHH!! AAAAAAHHHHH

We buy it from WTP Lure Tape, they have a web site

WTP Tape (Ronda) 800-521-0731

Ask for a catalog and some samples, but the last guy they did not send samples, must have wised up ????

Web site but samples shown are not very good, real samples on catalog are same as you buy.

Tell her John Sampson told you to call, I'm trying to impress her that smaller rolls would be worth thier while, you don't have to be a retailer to buy.

Pricing is not so good, best deal is 100' roll (1/2" or 1") prices below are approximate, some tapes a little more or less. 100' roll will last you a lifetime.

½” x 25’ 2.04 100’ x 1” rolls about 13.00
1” x 25’ 5.76 100’ x 5/8” about 7.00

If we could get DB and some of the other local lure guys to sell blanks (how about it Jason) for a litle less than a taped spoon it would be a good deal all around. Taping your own lures can be as much fun as fishing (sometimes more fun) and a great winter pastime, I have over 150 DB's alone. But we need to get a good price on blanks, I had to buy them allready taped, I bought the ones with minimum amount of tape so it would be easy to take it off.

Some of the tape is really had to get off the DB's, use nail polish remover, the DB's that have a single strip of color, one side are the best.

Top Guns come in plain colors, silver, gold, bronze, etc. as well as Suttons, but DB's all have at least some tape.

The owner of DB, will not sell blanks to us, so don't try, I did and he protects his dealers, something to be said for the man here.

I have talked to Jason, the main DB dealer around here (I think) and he said no problem, but I don't know the price.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: John Sampson Fisherman Extraordinaire presents the pimp spoon OOOOOOHHHHH!! AAAAAAH

Small roll pricing is not that bad really I guess, but what I forgot to mention is the 50.00 minimum order.

Have fun.

John S.

blanks

John,take a look at www.staminainc.com ,www.jannsnetcraft.com ,www.luremaking.com ,they all sell blanks,but not much in the variety of tape colors.I usually paint the hammered finish blanks and tape the smooth finish ones.