Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Say hello to my little friend

What's your little friend called, he/she needs a name ?

Didn't go fishing today, too many conflicting weather reports, nice and comfy here in my office.

Have my new cell phone, same number as before 508-277-8899. It's also a Nextel direct/connect. If anyone else out here has Nextel, perhaps we can share Nextel codes. Not sure what mine is just yet, when I do I'll post it here and with the RFP group, as good marine radio for communications, but more private. Just a thought.

John S.

Maybe we should have a contest on this site to find out who has the tackiest tackle!

On second thought, I'd rather be fishing....

Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

I really think it's only the fisherman that care what they look like, the fish, when on, will bite anything it seems.

John S.

How big is the "little friend" -- is this a flasher or a dodger? How do you rig it and what type of lures do you run and how far behind it?

Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

It is a Jensen 00 dodger and i haven't used it yet, but it looks good. And Togue, i know you have come up with some beauties, don't hold out on us.

Re: Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

I'll have to take a few photos of my pimped out rigs....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

Thanks Yo, and fair enough. How far back do you like to set your lures from the dodger?

I've customized some of Alan's top guns and a few Mooselooks using variations of the "NH Guide" colors. I'll take some pics and show you my top performers. One is a hammered copper top gun that I painted the reverse fluor. orange with black dots on the back (with gold halos around the dots), and the other is just a bright yellow with black dots -- my own version of a standard Mooselook that I can't seem to find anywhere anymore. I've found that depending on light / time of day and water clarity that this "guide" scheme can be tweaked -- anything from a chartreuse/yellow black dots (lightest) to yellow/black dots (middle of range) to orange with the black dots (darkest) and then whammo...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

I also have a lot of shade variations of the guide spoon it is a science to the shades but when you figure it out they can really fill the net. I run things behind dodgers anywhere from 12" to 8 feet. Couldn't buy a fish off a dodger with anything today.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

Mr. Adrien,

Can we please see a photo of the "Wonder Bread Spoon"

And I didn't know Winni had Steelheads ????????

Thy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Say hello to my little friend

Wonder bread... just a single hook with a piece of whole wheat bread on it. Simple as that... hahaha... some things should remain secret don't you think Adrien? Like "extras" which were not used today...