Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What a day!

Stareted off slow as slow can be. For a few hours all we got was 1 clingon salmon on the rigger about 17". Things were getting desperate. We headed to "THE GOODSELL CHANNEL OF DEATH" After 1 pass and no hits we changed up everything. We loaded the rods with a couple Kenny-g spoons and Kenny-G Honey-bees and went back through THE CHANNEL. This time it was on like DONKEY KONG we whacked a double and then another double. We kept these fish in reserve as not to burn them out and moved to "THE ALLEY" and we picked up a couple more. We left these fish and headed out to "THE MOOSE KNUCKLES" and bagged a few there. We made a few circles and went back for "THE LITTLE PRONG" all the while picking at a few fish, at least all of us but SlipHOOK and John H. Salmon-Off who accounted for most of our 10 donkeys (ones that got away) on the day. When things would go slow we asked John H. Salmon-Off which lure would never in a million years catch a salmon and almost like clockwork would pick up a fish or 2, the guy is a Genius he knows exaclty what doesn't work. When we took 3 of his guaranteed never work spoons (Wonderbread, Outnumbered Klansmen, and Sherbert) we had a triple on in minutes. A pair of 2.75 Lb. Salmon and a beautiful 21" tagged Male Rainbow in full spawn colors. I have this collection of lures that have never caught a single fish in my life and since we couldn't do any worse than the morning we threw them on and they all crushed the fish it was crazy. By the end of the day at 1 o'clock we had boated 15 salmon and 3 rainbows and Sliphook and John H. Salmon-Off managed to shake off about 10 more. The credit for this glorious day goes to Honorary Captain Kenny G who never did sing us any songs or play the Piano, but drove us up on some beautiful schools of fish. I had one of my most fun days on the water in a long time i don't thing any of us felt the cold and rain it was a blast. Thanks for a great day guys.
The Fish were all caught on either riggers from 15-28 feet down with leads from 15-135 feet and on leadcore off planer boards with 87 foot leaders and 2-3 colors of 18Lb. lead in the water. Most lures with some white in them produced well today like the DB white with red dots. And the Wonderbread and Kenny-G. We Did catch a couple on the old standbys like ugly orange top gun, cool water cruiser and NH Guide DB. Troll speed today was 2.1 mph. A special thanks to Dave for being there for us to call on his cell and leave crazy messages too because we knew he was in school LOL sorry Dave.
OH, and i almost forgot Sampson dropped his Hat overboard, but i grabbed it before it got away for good. He was fighting the biggest salmon of the day, easily 12 pounds or more and the hook pulled and the rod came up and whacked him in the head and knocked his hat off, quite funny really. I think that one grows by the hour should be 20 Lbs tomorrow.

Re: What a day!

The day went pretty much as Adrien said if you can understand his descriptions of where we fished and what we caugh them on. I wish I could translate for you, I was there and he lost me the first paragraph.

Adrien you've been hanging with the Sunapee crowd to much, pretty soon we will need to bring Popeye along to translate.

The YOAdrien was no dissapoinment, a realy nice "dream boat" and a proven fishing machine.

There was a few first however, Adrien standing around with his hands in his pockets and sitting down twittling his fingers, etc. It did not look very promising at the start, but Kenny putting us on the fish and my excellent lure selection made the day, all I had to do was say "that will never catch a fish" and bingo instantly it would become a hot lure.

As allways allot of laughs, allot of fish caught, a very enjoyable day with the good company Kenny (Blue Jacket) Goodsell, Craig (Slipnot) Butler and aboard the YOAdrien.

John S.

Re: What a day!

There is one correction in Adrien's post, the big fish I caught was an official "Winni Steelhead", not a Rainbow. And the size of the fish I lost was underestimated and Slipnot lost a bigger one.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Stareted off slow as slow can be. For a few hours all we got was 1 clingon salmon on the rigger about 17". Things were getting desperate. We headed to "THE GOODSELL CHANNEL OF DEATH" After 1 pass and no hits we changed up everything. We loaded the rods with a couple Kenny-g spoons and Kenny-G Honey-bees and went back through THE CHANNEL. This time it was on like DONKEY KONG we whacked a double and then another double. We kept these fish in reserve as not to burn them out and moved to "THE ALLEY" and we picked up a couple more. We left these fish and headed out to "THE MOOSE KNUCKLES" and bagged a few there. We made a few circles and went back for "THE LITTLE PRONG" all the while picking at a few fish, at least all of us but SlipHOOK and John H. Salmon-Off who accounted for most of our 10 donkeys (ones that got away) on the day. When things would go slow we asked John H. Salmon-Off which lure would never in a million years catch a salmon and almost like clockwork would pick up a fish or 2, the guy is a Genius he knows exaclty what doesn't work. When we took 3 of his guaranteed never work spoons (Wonderbread, Outnumbered Klansmen, and Sherbert) we had a triple on in minutes. A pair of 2.75 Lb. Salmon and a beautiful 21" tagged Male Rainbow in full spawn colors. I have this collection of lures that have never caught a single fish in my life and since we couldn't do any worse than the morning we threw them on and they all crushed the fish it was crazy. By the end of the day at 1 o'clock we had boated 15 salmon and 3 rainbows and Sliphook and John H. Salmon-Off managed to shake off about 10 more. The credit for this glorious day goes to Honorary Captain Kenny G who never did sing us any songs or play the Piano, but drove us up on some beautiful schools of fish. I had one of my most fun days on the water in a long time i don't thing any of us felt the cold and rain it was a blast. Thanks for a great day guys.
The Fish were all caught on either riggers from 15-28 feet down with leads from 15-135 feet and on leadcore off planer boards with 87 foot leaders and 2-3 colors of 18Lb. lead in the water. Most lures with some white in them produced well today like the DB white with red dots. And the Wonderbread and Kenny-G. We Did catch a couple on the old standbys like ugly orange top gun, cool water cruiser and NH Guide DB. Troll speed today was 2.1 mph. A special thanks to Dave for being there for us to call on his cell and leave crazy messages too because we knew he was in school LOL sorry Dave.
OH, and i almost forgot Sampson dropped his Hat overboard, but i grabbed it before it got away for good. He was fighting the biggest salmon of the day, easily 12 pounds or more and the hook pulled and the rod came up and whacked him in the head and knocked his hat off, quite funny really. I think that one grows by the hour should be 20 Lbs tomorrow.

Re: Re: What a day!

You're right John... Adrien sure is downplaying our excellent adventure...!!!
That steelhead of yours was by far the largest I have ever seen taken from Winni. Come to think of it its the first I've seen taken from Winni... wonder if Fish and Game even know there's a breeding stock of steelies in there???
I was a bit let down at one point today... somehow the red/white daredevil refused to produce a fish... bummer... even after a few remarks on how poorly that lure works, it still refused to hook up... oh well, maybe next time.
While it was nice to see the Kenny G (in several variations) hooking fish, I was saddened the Michael Jackson failed to produce. I would have thought that was a winner for sure... Guess that's why Sampson was the designated lure man and not me.
To tell you the truth, I expected to be thrown overboard for a couple hours first thing this morning... Adrien didn't like not being the sexiest man in the boat... LOL, Just kidding... actually I was worried because I thought I was the "new item" on board that was causing the lack of fish! But shortly, the fishies became accustomed to seeing my ugly mug aboard the YoAdrien and accepted the fact that if they were going to surrender to the most beautiful boat on the lake, they'd have to do it even though I was aboard. Happy to say that only one gave his life today... the rest swam free for another day.
My apologies Adrien and Captain Kenny for failing to land the last offerings of the gods in the Channel of Death... I hope the gods punish me alone and do not dry up that honey hole on you...
I believe we saw it all today... well, everything except the sun that is... But as far as the fishing went we had everything from 17" acrobats to 22" bulldozers... Would have loved to seen the one I "long released" just off the Goodson Channel. I never even gained line on that one... he just kept stripping line and then with several large shakes he was gone. I'm guessing that was grandpa...
Now, in all sincerety, thank you Adrien for having me aboard. It was a pleasure and by far the best day I have had on Winni. John... as always... great to see you. You're a heck of a guy. Kenny... very nice to meet you and thanks for steering the way to all those beautiful fish. (However, I must toot my horn briefly in saying that I did man the wheel for a few fish... matter of fact I believe I was captain when a certain TRIPLE happened??? Yes, yes...)
Great day aboard the YoAdrien...
Lastly, I must state that all these fish were caught without use of a fish finder... Now that's OLD SCHOOL.

Re: Re: Re: What a day!

yeah when the $2000 fishfinder was crappy i traded it in for a $3000 one that didn't work at all. We certainly went with primitive weapons today, we had to rely on the rods to find the fish not the electronics. we did hit bottom a couple times and loose some leadcore and lures but that is the way it goes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What a day!

I'm calling my brother in Hollywood, I think we're on to something here---a fishing sitcom -or even better--an adventure thriller series with real actors! I can see it now--"ADRIEN'S ACES AND THE CHANNEL OF DEATH"!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a day!

Now we're talking... sign me up... I hate this carpentry stuff anyways... LOL

What's wrong with the cast we had today, who needs real actors, well maybe a few. Adrien wants Paris Hilton to have a good role when she gets back from Sunapee ????????

Seriously, I apologize for all our goofing off the past hour or so, but as you can see, we had a great time and are reluctant to let it end.

We all agreed on one thing at one point today, without this great web site, this foursome never would have got "hooked up" together to fish Winni or any other Lake, Thanks Trav and AJ, from all of us..

Too bad Dave couldn't make it, but you really didn't miss much Dave.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks John Rub it in a Little more!

Gee John Can you rub it in a little more LOL want me to cut myself so you can put some salt in it LOL Glad to hear you guys had a good time, Wait till Adrien get me and you on the boat after we both eat Homemade Beans LOL Next Time i WILL BE THERE no matter What LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!

Re: Re: Re: What a day!

Come on Craig, did you or anyone ever see a Rainbow like that come out of Winni, it had to be a Steelehead. All I can say is yu guys are lucky I don't fish any of the Derbies, but I'm considerng a few invitations for this yeas Derby ???

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What a day!

Yeah... you better consider my offer SalmonOff (or should I call you Concerned Citizen)... No doubt that was a steelie! Haha

One last note on todays trip.

My new hand held radio, after a customer call to West Marine, worked super. After confirming we were on the same frequency. Kenny G. heard me all the way from the fishing platform on the YOAdrien to the helm. No farther radio checks were possible, hardly any other boats out there today, with or without radios. What did Adrien know, that they didn't, hmmmm ????

Goodnight all, I'm beat, Adrien woke me up at 2:30 this morning to go fishing, pay back in this case was not a ******

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a day!

Awesome all, sounds like a day with a thousand memories.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a day!

Hey John, if ya fish the Derby with Craig we def. all have to get together and go out for supper and shoot the perveable bull____ Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!