Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Furuno fishfinders

I currently have a Lowrance but thinking about trying out a Furuno color unit..Anyone know anything about them ?

Re: Furuno fishfinders

Yup. I have an FCV 600L. Had it one year and works great. Fairly simple to operate and the folks at Furuno have been very good answering any questions I had. You will not beat the prices at www.bethel-marine.com. I looked everywhere. Right now the 600L is going for $601 with $50 rebate from Furuno, $551. You will need to buy a transducer also. I have the shoot thru hull transducer. The 582 is also a very good unit but a bit more money.

Re: Re: Furuno fishfinders

thanks -
does it track the downrigger ball down deep ? do you think there better than lowrance ?

Re: Re: Re: Furuno fishfinders

I am very happy with the unit. Yes I can track the ball easily and see can fish come right up into the spread. I am an old school man at age 43. If it aint broke don't fix it. Technology and me aren't best of friends. I knew my Lowrance LMS 350A like the palm of my hand so a new unit is nothing but a pain in the butt. However I have found the Furuno to be very easy to use and very comparable to the 350A plus cor screen.

I bought my 350A at the end of 2000. It crapped out on me in '03. When I tried to send back to Lowrance for repairs they told me the unit was no longer in production and parts no longer available, so, I had a $700 unit for 3 years and it was trash. I can't live with service like that. Furuno has a long history of excellent service and many units like the 582 have been in service for 10+ yrs.

I spoke with alot of guys who were very happy with Furuno. Diciding factor for me was when my dad fished Alaska for Kings two years in a row. Every boat he saw at two different outfitters he fished had a Furuno 582 on the dash.