Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: controllking installation

I just installed one on my 5 hp Merc and it's the cat's ass! I used it in very choppy water the past three days and I can't say enough about how great it is! It doesn't interfere with the normal throttle control. If you tied the tiller up out of the way (which I guess is what your doing) you can still keep it there and use CK.
On good advice from WoodsanwaterRoland I installed a flat 4 trailer pigtail where the wires exit the kicker (next to the pull handle) put it's mate on the harness & installed it as directed. That way I can remove the kicker for road trips. I used the end of an old fly rod (I busted the bottom) and with an elastic on the top eyelit it holds the wire running to the kicker up out of the water & out of the way.
Also, the control box is "water resistant" NOT water proof (says the paperwork.) My "Tank" is not fully enclosed...So, I took a small tupperware container (3.59 @ Wallyworld) & screwed it to the bulkhead next to my steering wheel. I drilled a hole in the bottom of it (so if any moisture gets in it runs out) & then I ran the wire from the CK control box through the hole and back to the motor. I attached the CK control box to the tupperware with velcro. The tupperware is deep enough so no rain or spray gets on it & yet, shallow enough so it's not in the way. When I finish for the day I put the cover on the tupperware & the CK box stays dry when I trailer or store the boat. CK draws about as much juice as my fishfinder (2 Amps?) so I haven't had any problem with battery drain. However, you do need to have some juice for it to work. I carry one of those "car jumper" packs on board (just in case) anyway.
Do it...you'll love it.
Any questions, email me. (Maddog7337@att.net)

All the Best,

Gary

Re: Re: Re: Re: controllking installation

I have the Trollmaster Pro 2 it is awesome same idea as controll king, actually the guys that invented it were partners and broke up and now there is 2 companies. I would look at the Trollmaster before deciding which one you want, because believe me you need one!