Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
installing controllking this thurs

Any issues on installing this unit? I will have it on my steps this tuesday. Did anyone have any problems or anything when installing it? This unit is going to help me win the derby..........I hope!!

Thanks Charlie

Re: installing controllking this thurs

No problem installing it on my Evinrude but you may want to turn the gear wheel if it's not responsive enough (or too responsive) when you turn the control knob.
Depending on what position on a clock (2 vs 4) will result in the carburetor opening with the slightest touch or turning it most of the way without much of a response. Anyway that's was my experience with mine.
Cal

Re: installing controllking this thurs

White Cap is right. The last step in instillation is to correctly position the servo motor wheel. There's a small screw which holds it down on top of a splined shaft. You remove the screw & gently pry up the wheel. Position the wheel so the rod to the throttle is closest to the carb. & replace the screw. That way the rotation of the wheel gives immediate response.
I took the control king & my motor into my shop and worked on it there. I used a battery jumper pack for juice and played with it a bit until I got it right. When the motor & CK were on the sawhorse I could see exactly how it worked & easily position the wheel. When I put the motor on "The Tank" it worked perfectly. If you have any problems call the guy at Magma Mfg. He was very helpful.

All the Best,

Gary

Re: Re: installing controllking this thurs

Thanks for the input!!!!
My boat is in the lake at the dock so it sounds like I need to take it off and bring it home to the workshop for a good clean instalation. I was going to do it on the boat but now after hearing these few responses I will remove and install in a dry shop.

thanks guys I will post how it came out and if I am happy with it I am sure I will be.

Charlie