Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mothers Day Squam Report

That's right we fished today, Mothers Day, we went up to open our camp and got settled on Saturday, my son David and his three daughters my wife and I.

Rain let up some overnight so David and I went out for a few hours this morning.

We had a stacked deck (against us) extremely high, stained and dirty water, bananas (David just loves em) on board, full moon, extreemly windy, huge chop, etc. But the rain let up and stopped at least while we were out.

Late start, fished 4 lines, first 2.5 hours, nadda, then the bite started. Water temp. 53 degrees.

All fish of riggers, 15', Deephaven area, lead core did nothing today ????
9:00 Rainbow 2lbs 14 ounces, real nice fish, been getting some super Bows for Squam this year .
9:20 Salmon 2lbs 2 ounces
9:45 Salmon 3lbs 15 ounces
10:00 Salmon 4 lbs 11 ounces, best fish this year, ripped off plenty line time and time again, a real screamer and a wicked jumper (made my season so far)

Lost a couple more, not even close to the boat, all on DB's, 1 on Red and White razor back DB (several other hits, same DB, 3 others came on DB Smelt Yellow/Pearl..

Got too windy, called it a day about 11:00, 4.5 hours, 4 good fish in the boat, missed several others, a good day for Squam.

Note: Squam was 15" or 16" below summer normal level 2 days ago, level came up 10" by early this morning.
Water level was 5" below drain holes on the Rt 3 Bridge in Holderness at 6:30 AM when we went out, at 11:00 when we came in it was right at the drain holes, that's a rise of 5" in 5 hours, and 15" or 16" in 36 hours, incredible. Lake is now at over "full Lake" level.

Saw Matty's (Hooked on Salmon) truck parked by Walters Basin at the Bridge, must have been having brunch, wanted to stop in and say hello but was late coming in and it was Mothers Day.

Matty, can you give me a call at 978-667-3117, need you cell number.

Hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day, I did. And I hope everyone fairs well with the flooding conditions.

John S.

Re: Mothers Day Squam Report

Sounds like a real good day John. Are you doing the derby?

Popeye