Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GREAT FUN

I have to say... I am very happy I changed my plans (last minute) and signed on for the derby. I had a great weekend talking with everyone on the radio, enjoying the mood swings of ol mother nature, catching some fish... and most importantly, getting to create an even better friendship with good ol' Salmon-off (as Adrien would say)... the one and only John Sampson.
John said he was going to leave the fishing report to me... but you know what???... the fish didn't matter one bit to me. Spending time on the water with fine folks like you was the whole point of this weekend. It was great to see that even though we were in a "competition" that everyone was still sharing techniques, locations and information just as though it was any old day on the pond. There was no arguing or finger-pointing... and that is plain AWESOME.

We started the weekend off right by joining the fellas at the Canoe for dinner Thursday night... actually, fellas plus one beautiful woman... Mrs. Travis Williams... (I hear wedding bells!!!)
It was great to meet a few of you who I've chatted with on email in the past... and a couple others I hadn't spoken with before. How is it that everyone I meet from this board is so "likeable"?
Aardvark (Hal Lyon) I ran your idea by my wife and she decided she didn't need a fly named after her... sorry, I tried... hehe.
As John said in his post below... its amazing how many acquaintances we have made from this board... and the friendships they are becoming. To me, this board isn't all about fishing, it's also camaraderie with peers. I enjoy seeing and talking to all of you... and when that's not possible, its nice just to check the "board" and see how everyones doing. Fish or no fish, you're a great group of people. My thanks to AJ and Travis for spawning the idea of this website and allowing all of us to become part of one large family.
Yeah, I know, I'm corny... but it needs to be said. This spring I have created friendships that I hope to carry for years to come.
Here's to Fish Lake Winni and the many fine people that make up my new "extended family"...
Lastly... congratulations to all that achieved their goals this derby weekend. I know a lot of "firsts took place the last few days. For some it may have been a first time fishing, others maybe a first salmon and a few lucky ones even won their "first" boats... Enjoy the memories...
Take care... and hope to see you all on the water, Craig

Re: GREAT FUN

Great post ...You hit it on the head!

You really get what this is all about!!

Re: Re: GREAT FUN

Hey there Slipknot, I don't think any of us could have put it any better!!!!!!!!!! Great Post and i also agree I have met many people through this board whom i also consider to be very good friends!!!!!!!!! Keep us the Great Work A.J./Travis None of these friendships would have ever been possible without you guys dedication to this wonderful sport of "FISHING" Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!!!!