(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finally!!!!!!

Hey Mark,

Great fish, seems like allot of fish were caught, but not many at all in the class size of yours, congratulations, good job.

My 1st Derby, we caught plenty of fish with Slipknot, but none worthy of a prize, not even close.

John S.

Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

The biologist said she shouild have weighed more like 5 1/2 - 6.00#'s. He thought that she never recovered from the spawn last fall...

Re: Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

When I saw the length and the weight, the first thing I thought was must have been skinny and if normal weight it could have been a winner. I caught a male last year, not sure exactly but about 25" plus and it had the body of a Pickerel. It was also tagged for the Ice Derby, John Viar felt it never recoverd well from the tagging, which I guess is very common.

Fin clipping also is quite a shock to them as well he says, for such strong/fighting fish they are fragile in many respects I guess ?

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

No fins clipped on her. She had them all!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

If memory serves me correctly according to the fin clip chart it was either a Healthy 3 year old or older not so healthy 6 year old, At least ya won a pole LOL Glad someone else won something!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

Not so healthy 6 year old

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!!!!!!

I was only trying to point out that if something as simple as a "fin clip" or tag could stress them out
pretty bad, I'm sure the spawn could be equally as stressfull or worse for some.

Makes a good fish story anyhow, "I could have won the Derby Salmon division, etc"

John S.