Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Squam Lake

Went out today with Sampson... I'd recommend staying away from Sandwich Bay for a few days. We went in there for a troll and pulled out a few 6-8" salmon... appears they were just stocked. (There were big schools of them) They were sucking down the lures so hard it was difficult to not hurt them. Needless to say, we left the area after that. Don't want to hurt the future salmon supply.
If you troll the DeepHaven area, be sure to wave at the pontoon boat with planer mast up front and downriggers on the side... that's Johns boat. If you have a radio, give him a shout... he never has anyone to talk to over the radio on Squam.
While you're up there, be sure to swing by and look at the nesting Bald Eagles... beautiful sight.
Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: Squam Lake

fished squam yesterday i also got a few 6 inch salmon and 2 bass a slow day but its fishing! alot of crap in the water in sandwich bay anything from sticks to whole trees lol tryed live bait and lures all the baby salmon were on dbs at 18 feet i also notices what looked like schools of them on the fish finder. seemed to be alot of boat traffic for a thursday out there. hope to be up soon good luck to all see ya on the ponds!