Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: connecticut lakes , lake francis

Great a little off topic for a winni msg board but I thought I would take a shot .looking forward to your reply.

Re: connecticut lakes , lake francis

Hi Rich, me and my buddy Rob fish up there quite a bit later in the summer, early in the season up till about the middle of june we usually catch Salmon around 15 ft down to 26 ft down, for some reason or other the hot color lure up there is usually red on one side and silver on the other most luck with DB smelts and top guns, and a little lure called a Dartee (shaped like a little fish) the small one not the big one's, after mid june anywhere from 26ft to 50ft depends were the thermocline is. Also have luck on the leadcore between 4 1/2 colors and 7 colors later in the season. as far as the first conn. i can't seem to catch Salmon there but they are there i've seen them before, for lakers the best method up there is to either fish bottom with live golden shiners or suckers or drift with live bait there are some big lakers in there Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: connecticut lakes , lake francis

Thanks Dave yeah I head up there later in the summer too.Right now Im fishing the lakes region.Thanks again I need all the help I can get

Re: Re: Re: connecticut lakes , lake francis

I was up there on May 18-20st. Pretty good year, rained alot. (7)salmon 15"-18" a handful of shorts and a 1/2 dozen small lakers, a few keeper lakers too. We troll streamers on steel lines. Sometimes leadcore. 3- 3.5mph. Don't know how much it changes in late summer, just go deeper I guess.