Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOL Donkey Dave From up North Here LOL Sat. Squam Report!!!!!!!!!

Hello all, I should have figured My buddy Adrien would put something on here before i got home LOL That's ok I deserve it!!!!!!!! Got invited to go fishing with my buddy John (no Sampson off today) Sampson on his little lake today at squam. At first we had a hit and miss and then the downrigger line "Took Off" John handed me the pole and said Here's your 5 pounder you've been wanting to catch, Ok so i wasn't quite used to his reels much different then the one's i usually fish with (Gonna be changing quick i can tell ya that LOL) John said Take her easy she's gonna probably run a few times so just let her, well Dumb Frenchman Dave Got nervous and tightened the drag a little too much UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fish came up to the side of the boat got one look at my ugly Berlin Face Jumped and Well Now you know why my new nickname is LOL Donkey Dave From up North LOL John said that fish was easily 6lbs "I wanted to go hide in the back of his big pontoon boat and cover my head UGHHHHHHHHH Needless to say VALUABLE lesson learned!!!!!!!! I did end up catching a nice one just under 3lbs and John Got a Beautiful Male 5lbs 2oz Biggest Landlocked I've ever had the opportunity of netting (See i did something right today LOL) so in all 2 nice salmon on the boat and one MONSTER came to the side to say HI!!!! John say's the only way to redeem myself is to catch at least a 5 pounder (Good thing he said he'd invite me again LOL) also had about 5 hit and miss's, Overall had a great day, John's boat was very comfortable. (No i didn't fall asleep like Slipknot did on Friday Oop's i said his name LOL) Got too see some HUGE Fish "Great", Pair of Nesting Bald Eagles "Awesome", Beautiful Day on the Water "Spectacluar" and Fishing with a great new friend that i would have never met without this Great Message Board "Absulutly PRICELESS" Thanks for having me John I had a blast and look forward to more Adventures!!!!!!! When the two of us go out with Adrien We're both gonna eat a ton of Baked Beans the night Before LOL So Until i catch a 5 pounder Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!!! P.S. make sure you keep the Drag loose LOL

Re: LOL Donkey Dave From up North Here LOL Sat. Squam Report!!!!!!!!!

That's one comfortable boat isn't it Dave??? I couldn't help but take a half hour nap yesterday. No way I could own and fish full time from that boat... I'd sleep too much!!! LOL
By the way... it wasn't the fact that you lost the biggun that made my day... it was the fact that you had one up to the boat! That is awesome, I just wish I was there to see it. Even the 5 pounder would have been a joy to see.
It was starting to seem like I was the designated bass fisherman yesterday! I think I brought in three...? However, I did get the one laker and a mini-salmon... hehe.
Good to hear you had a great time. John is a heck of a guy! And quite fun to be around...
Have a great weekend.

Re: Re: LOL Donkey Dave From up North Here LOL Sat. Squam Report!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry You'll see pictures soon enough, John has the digital camera so you'll probably see his before mine I'm a cheap frenchman don't got's one of those yet LOL I'm heading up to Richardson Lake in Maine tommorrow to try our luck Hopefully it's just as fun as today was They have salmon in there but they also have some HUGE Lakers I'll leave a report when we get back Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Donkey Dave LOL P.S. He is a "Great" Guy to be around we had a blast!!!!!!!!!