Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skunked.....TWICE!!

Yup thats right, skunked twice this weekend (first time skunked 2 days in a row). Not sure what I was doing wrong but dragged lots of hardware and streamers last two mornings with a big goose egg. Only have one hit on a streamer with 4 colors out. Had the riggers from 12-50 and everything in between with nothing. Anyone else out there get skunked? Come on, you can admit it...misery like company. Seriously....anyone else have difficulties this past weekend? Perhaps the runoff?

Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

Well, I only went out yesterday, and caught a fairly short football (17incher) with one other strike. I thought it had much more to do with the volume of traffic. I was pretty sure that it couldn't have been worse then the derby, boy was I confused. Someone should be out there teaching etiquette........

Re: Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

Trolled Mon am, almost 5hrs, 4 lines and not a single strike......Fished the Rattlesnake Is area and made a pass along Blacks Point on the way home. Very slow.

Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

We fished Monday morning, Squam Lake was flat, we were 1 shy of beng skunked but only stayed out til
9:30. Full weekend report w/photos coming later today I hope.

I'm told that Winni s---- for a week or two after the Derby and I'm sure the heavy Holiday boat traffic didn't help.

Fish seem to be starting to go down now so those (like me) that prefer that type of fishing should start doing better, those that like em on top, September is only a few months away, or the Stripers are back I hear.

John S.

Re: Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

Fished Winni for 5 hours on Sat. Marked a ton of fish. Not ONE strike. Had the riggers from 15-40 using only DB's and Top Guns (Being a newbie that's all I own currently), All bought at AJ's Along with my bright purple reels. yuk

I'll be fishing Winni every Wed in June, if anyone wants to impart some free advice.

Maybe one Wed I should call Travis huh?

Good Luck to all!

Re: Re: Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

Hey guys, Yeah I had a slow weekend fishing winni to. I was out on winni sunday morning at 435am on the broads with no boats in sight and the lake was like a mirror..Lots of swirls on the surface. I ran everything flies, TG, DBS, 61 Guns, NOTHIN! Had a few hits but no takers..I fished from wolfeboro neck to Tuftonboro neck to rattlesnake,moose Island, and back to wolfeboro neck..I only got one salmon 20in off moose island..
Monday I fished from 530am till 9am and did just about the same route and only got one laker..16inches.. Talked to Salmoneer on the radio and he had caught 2 salmon in the fist hour of fishing over near welch or diamond Island..on a rainbow patern speed shiner. he said he got them down 15ft or so.. I saw lots of fish but no luck on catching them.. Have I lost my MOJO?
I'm heading back out tomorrow hopefully I'll do better.. I'll be in a 15ft blue lund on ch 12..Magellon is my handle..
Dan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

I too will be out tomorrow. 17.5' Tracker Ch.12 / BioMoe

It'll only be my 2nd time out so don't know how much help I'll be.

I tried to book Travis today but naturally he's busy, maybe I'll get him next week.

Re: Re: Re: Skunked.....TWICE!!

Travis doesn't charter on wednesday's but i do.
We have teamed up our charter business's to cover more days of the week. Up until mid july i can go any day but in mid summer like july 15th - sept 30 i only go wednesdays.

Don't feel bad about the skunks right now the fish have been off for a couple days not many caught, at least anybody i have spoken with.