Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HEY DONKEY DAVE

DON'T FEEL BAD D.D. I DONKIED A MONSTA SALMON MYSELF ON NEWFOUND SUN EVENING. I HAD JUST PUT ON O/G TOP GUN DOWN TO 20' TURN AROUND TO GET MY OTHER ROD TO STACK ABOVE AND WHEN I TURNED AROUND I HAD A RELEASE BUT SLACK LINE NEXT THING I SEE IS A SILVER MISSILE SHOOTING FROM THE WATER 100' BACK IT MUST HAVE WENT 5' INTO THE AIR JUMPED A COUPLE MORE TIMES THEN SWAM TO THE BOAT LIKE A TORPEDO. I'M THINKING TO MYSELF I SAID SELF SHOULD I LET MY WIFE NET THIS ONE OR NOT LOL LOL ANY WAY SHE GRABS THE NET AND DOES A BEAUTIFUL JOB SCOOPING THE FISH IN BUT HE WASN'T DONE FIGHTING SO OUT OF THE NET HE GOES AND GOES HE WENT. HE WENT STRAIGHT DOWN SCREAMING DRAG. I PULL HIM BACK TO THE NET AND AGAIN DOWN HE GOES DOWN. I PULL HIM BACK TO THE NET AGAIN AND TIGHTEN MY DRAG A LITTLE( AND DAVE THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE)BECAUSE HE DIVED AGAIN AND MY LINE BROKE (10LBS TEST) AS DONKEY DAVE WOULD SAY UGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BUT ME I SAID @#***$^^%^&^%$#$#)$#%(%)#(#()#(*%&^^($)#()$ HAD TO BE AT LEAST 6 LBS. ANYWAY WE ENDED THE DAY WITH 4 LAKERS 4 RAINBOWS AND A SMALLER SALMON 18" THE FISH ARE CONFUSED FOR SOME REASON CATCHING SALMON DOWN DEEP AND ALL THE LAKERS AT 16' 62.4 DEGREES ON THE TOP. ALL THE LAKERS WERE AT 16' COLOR DID NOT MATTER AS LONG AS IT WAS AT 16'. ALSO LOOK OUT SAMPSON OFF/ON HEADING TO SQUAM ON SUNDAY WHAT CHANNEL YOU ON TALK THEN MAYBE.

Re: HEY DONKEY DAVE

Yeah, but that was the biggest fish I have ever had to opportunity of hooking onto, except the monster i lost at Winni late last year but it wasn't as big as this one LOL Oh well I'll get him/her next time LOL Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!!

The difference between an experienced fisherman and a 14 year old kid, is the 14 year old hasn't lost allot of big fish in his day so he's not that nervous about it and takes his time.

We tend to get er in the boat, "ASAP", "before we loose it", instead of letting the rod and reel do it's job tiring out the fish, especially if you have a good reel with a positive drag adjustment, take your time.

A tired fish is a cinch to land and net. A 5 pound plus Salmon, on mono, is not ready to give up after a minuet and a half battle. He lived a long time to get that big, give him credit for that and give him all the time he wants before he sucumbs to you. Then decide if he will have another chance to do it again someday.. I guess I'm getting soft, but after catching my share of 5 plus pounders I'm thinking more and more about letting them go and keeping the smaller ones for the frying pan.

John S.

Awesome story. Sounds like you had fun!

Found some guys that talk on 68, hope you got rid of that skunk you caught on your last trip there, pack 13 rods and don't forget the bananas, maybe a "black cat" would be helpfull too. We have a black lab we can loan you if you can't find a cat, she goes crazy when she sees a Salmon flopping around on the boat...

I should be there, hopefully both days, give me a shout, Popeye is planning a day thyere this weekend too. Bring an extra rigger ball or two and plenty of gear, maybe a spare prop too, if you need a tow give me a shout..

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

DON'T FEEL BAD D.D. I DONKIED A MONSTA SALMON MYSELF ON NEWFOUND SUN EVENING. I HAD JUST PUT ON O/G TOP GUN DOWN TO 20' TURN AROUND TO GET MY OTHER ROD TO STACK ABOVE AND WHEN I TURNED AROUND I HAD A RELEASE BUT SLACK LINE NEXT THING I SEE IS A SILVER MISSILE SHOOTING FROM THE WATER 100' BACK IT MUST HAVE WENT 5' INTO THE AIR JUMPED A COUPLE MORE TIMES THEN SWAM TO THE BOAT LIKE A TORPEDO. I'M THINKING TO MYSELF I SAID SELF SHOULD I LET MY WIFE NET THIS ONE OR NOT LOL LOL ANY WAY SHE GRABS THE NET AND DOES A BEAUTIFUL JOB SCOOPING THE FISH IN BUT HE WASN'T DONE FIGHTING SO OUT OF THE NET HE GOES AND GOES HE WENT. HE WENT STRAIGHT DOWN SCREAMING DRAG. I PULL HIM BACK TO THE NET AND AGAIN DOWN HE GOES DOWN. I PULL HIM BACK TO THE NET AGAIN AND TIGHTEN MY DRAG A LITTLE( AND DAVE THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE)BECAUSE HE DIVED AGAIN AND MY LINE BROKE (10LBS TEST) AS DONKEY DAVE WOULD SAY UGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BUT ME I SAID @#***$^^%^&^%$#$#)$#%(%)#(#()#(*%&^^($)#()$ HAD TO BE AT LEAST 6 LBS. ANYWAY WE ENDED THE DAY WITH 4 LAKERS 4 RAINBOWS AND A SMALLER SALMON 18" THE FISH ARE CONFUSED FOR SOME REASON CATCHING SALMON DOWN DEEP AND ALL THE LAKERS AT 16' 62.4 DEGREES ON THE TOP. ALL THE LAKERS WERE AT 16' COLOR DID NOT MATTER AS LONG AS IT WAS AT 16'. ALSO LOOK OUT SAMPSON OFF/ON HEADING TO SQUAM ON SUNDAY WHAT CHANNEL YOU ON TALK THEN MAYBE.